Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

12 year old boy and gifts

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • 12 year old boy and gifts

    What is the world do you get a 12 year old boy for Christmas??!! They are in between little boy and teenager. Any suggestions (that do NOT involve a video game (or any electronics, for that matter, of any sort)??

    Thanks for the help!


  • #2
    Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

    Soccer ball, tools, pass to Disney, cooking lessons.
    Originally posted by lazyboy97O
    How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
    Originally posted by steamboatpete
    Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

      Thanks for the effort R.Rick. He's too far for Disney passes (besides, then I'd have to give to the whole family $$$ ). He's not a sports guy. Don't know about the tools but sounds interesting.

      Cooking lessons??

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

        My oldest is 13, his favorites are gift cards, seriously. That way he can get what he really wants. He likes iTunes(best)followed by Hot Topic, Target, Borders/Barnes & Noble, Anchor Blue, Raider Image(bleech). Also good, gift cards to the local movie theater.



        Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

          Barnes and Nobles gift cards! I was a nerd though...

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

            Yeah, I'm really trying to avoid gift cards. I'm putting together a box of goodies for him and his sister (16 years old), and I'm just trying to fill it up with things a boy may/should like. His sister is MUCH easier (probably because I'm a girl ). They do like Disney, so I will be throwing a few things from Disneyland in there.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

              How about movie tickets?
              <o>

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                Thanks for the effort R.Rick. He's too far for Disney passes (besides, then I'd have to give to the whole family $$$ ). He's not a sports guy. Don't know about the tools but sounds interesting.

                Cooking lessons??
                Sure, start of your independance. Every one should be able to cook and and do laundry before they move out.
                Originally posted by lazyboy97O
                How is a state religion bad, but state medicine good?
                Originally posted by steamboatpete
                Anyone who makes the decision to depend upon the government to take care of their basic needs has essentially doomed himself to a life of bitter disappointment.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                  There is a really awsome book called "The Dangerous Book for boys". He really might like that, it has a bit of everything and makes a great "goodie" to go along with other little gifts.
                  Originally posted by Aristocat
                  I miss David.
                  Originally posted by Ginarella
                  All I know is that David is a pimp Gryffindor.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                    Originally posted by larasound View Post
                    There is a really awsome book called "The Dangerous Book for boys". He really might like that, it has a bit of everything and makes a great "goodie" to go along with other little gifts.

                    I like that idea. You might also want to consider "The Daring Book for Girls."

                    12 is a tricky age for boys. On one hand they generally are not into toys like action figures anymore. What kind of things does he do for fun? He must do more than play video games.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                      what about a great board game??

                      and my 7 year old BOY loves to cook!! On the holidays a local coffee shop is running cooking classes for 6-10 year olds. My kids are both going along, and they are sooo excited! LOL LOL


                      Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
                      Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

                      "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

                      Charles M. Schulz
                      Originally Posted by MWalton
                      :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                        I asked my daughter and she said... it depends on how mature he is. he may like tripos... those things are so cool!
                        and you can get small kits for them for under 10.00.
                        Or she said things like rubiks cube, and or puzzles. She said boys are hard because if there an imature 12 they like kid stuff, if there older they will like electronics and gift cards. She said car kits can always be a smash with boys, and air plane kits.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                          Thanks everyone! Some good ideas here! I forgot about the Dangerous Book. I was going to get a book anyway. He does like to read. But we moved so far away from them that I have lost touch with both of them and their interests. And that makes it hard to do the lesson/movie passes type givts. I'll look into the Triops. Never heard of them. Could be good too.

                          Thanks again!

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                            Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
                            Thanks everyone! Some good ideas here! I forgot about the Dangerous Book. I was going to get a book anyway. He does like to read. But we moved so far away from them that I have lost touch with both of them and their interests. And that makes it hard to do the lesson/movie passes type givts. I'll look into the Triops. Never heard of them. Could be good too.

                            Thanks again!
                            my kids love them!! remember sea monkeys? well these are much bigger, are on thesame concept, last about 45 days and they are so fun to watch. my kids got a tank, and the kits come seperate. ( tank 5.00) we used the tank over and over, and there is enough triop eggs to do 2 batches. there so fun to watch grow, shed there shells and keep growing. and if you let the water evaporate all the way after they doe, there is eggs in the sand ! So you add water when the whole thing is completly drie, and you got eggs galore for free.
                            ok, it sounds weird, but for boys and some girls, there a big hit.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: 12 year old boy and gifts

                              What about some of those fancy legos?

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X