Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What has your city/town been taken over with?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What has your city/town been taken over with?

So I'm sure most citys/towns have all been taken over with some kind of store/resturant/Fastfood ETC....

So lets share!

Where I live its been taken over by Subway and Starbucks. Over 7 of each. The population where I live is only 81,000
    Har har har

Re: What has your city/town been taken over with?

Try being overrun by Walmarts. Our store(Southaven) is the busiest in America and yet we still have 3 other Supercenters and a neighborhood store in a 12 mile radius, with another Supercenter on the way.

Comment

Nothing. Oh, wait, little mom and pa "natural gift shops" with a ton of hippie stuff. Our town is 5k people I think only 2,500 people actually live here and 50 work in the city. "Town" has a hardware store, 2 Mexican resturaunts that are open Thursday through Sunday, a little sandwich shop, coffee shop, a pizza place (with weird hours), a bar (with weirder hours), tiny bathroom sized library, 5 gift shops, 2 little corner markets, 3 thrift/antique shops, a bank, 2 realtors, a preschool, gas station, this odd cafe that's never open, an arcade, post office, and a really bad dog groomers. That's all that is in my town. And half those places aren't open during the winter and if they are open it's like 2 hours. So...

Comment

For our small town, we have an amazing amount of car dealerships.
        sigpic
        Will trade husband for Disneyland and DCA Pins!

Comment

walmarts and starbucks.

Comment

180,000 people, about 9 McDonalds right now. Been like that for a long time though, not a recent phenomenon. We also have tons of Burger Kings and Taco Bells. No Wal Mart now though, since they closed ours up in favor of the Supercenter in the next town, good riddance I say.

There is also a lot of Asian markets and Asian stores, mostly Filipino because of the large Filipino population here.

Comment

I am not sure how many people we have in Santa Clarita now, but in general we are overrun by large shopping centers without enough roads to get people to them. I can't think of one thing in particular that we have too much of, its just that its all in the same center are of town causing major conjestion.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

I think Phoenix has been over run with those Cash your Check/Quick Loan places. It seems like a new one pops up everytime a turn around.
                sigpic

Comment

Waffle House. yuck

Comment

Originally posted by pratt55 View Post
                    I think Phoenix has been over run with those Cash your Check/Quick Loan places. It seems like a new one pops up everytime a turn around.
                    We have alot of those here as well.

I don't really think our city (60,000) has been overrun with anything except houses. They keep building and building, but aren't improving the freeway infrastructure (101) or building any new grocery stores.

For a city of 60,000 there are 4 grocery stores (2 Vons, Albertsons and Ralphs). And in the area where we live there is only 1. The other Vons/Albertsons/Ralphs are in about a 3 mile radius.

You pretty much can't go to the store at any time of the day without it being packed anymore. Just in the 5 years since we've been here it's changed so much.

Comment

Has to be , without a doubt, DOLLAR STORES! There is one on every corner it seems.
                      How many names can they come up with for them too.
                      We have A Buck or Two, The Dollar Store, Dollar Plus, Dollar Giant, Dollar King................Same store, just a different name!

Comment

Condos
                        Tourists (duh..)
                        Starbucks
                        Road Construction (it never ends)
                        People (the population keeps going up with no growth to support them. Schools, jobs, housing etc...)

Comment

Nothing. we have one of each, walmart,Kmart, and no star bucks. our town is perfect. if I want to go to target or any big store I have to drive 90 miles one way, or 60 the other. but thats fine with me.

Comment

Idiots.
                            "But every night, when it gets dark
                            and the stars come out,
                            I'll look up on her behalf.
                            I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by TraceCub View Post
                              Idiots.
                              I think that's a global problem.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X