This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Peter Jennings Dead at 67

Peter Jennings, the longtime anchor of ABC's "World News Tonight," died Sunday, CNN reports. He was 67.

He JUST announced his cancer recently. That is so fast. He was really an American Icon.

Thoughts and Prayers with his family.
    �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Re: Peter Jennings Dead at 67

HOLY ****!

Wow, that came as a total surprise....

God bless him and his family.
    ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

He only made the on-air announcement of his lung cancer in April.
      �In a world filled with hate, we must still dare to hope. In a world filled with anger, we must still dare to comfort. In a world filled with despair, we must still dare to dream. And in a world filled with distrust, we must still dare to believe.� -Michael Jackson

Comment

I was JUST reading this at CNN.com...I didn't even know he had cancer!

Comment

He said in his announcement back in April that he had learned in the "last few days" that he had Lung cancer. I know I said it here already, but that is so fast. He began chemotherapy just after that announcement. He was a lifelong smoker.

Comment

Wow- this just blows me away. I had missed his announcement, this comes as a complete suprise.
            My thoughts will be with his friends and family.

Comment

Oh my gosh!! That was so sudden. I really liked his reports. Thoughts and prayers out to his family at this time.....

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
              all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Wow , this is sudden. Our Hearts go out to the family, truly a sad day in the news room. I have heard Lung Cancer can be hard to beat.
                1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

Here's a full article about him... http://abcnews.go.com/US/story?id=1015438
                  Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
                  My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
                  My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

Comment

How sad is this! I really liked watching him too. Just the other day I was talking to someone about hoping he is able to make one last broadcast. They recently did a report about ABC News sending an airplane banner reading Happy Birthday. He smoked for several years if I remember correctly. Sure does open ones eyes

Comment

I remember him slipping during the 2000 election and saying "we won" about Gore. Sad indeed.

Comment

They said he was a lifelong smoker. Back in the 60's or 70's he even smoked on air, one report said.

It is really sad. When you think about it, when something important in this country happens, we all turn to the news to get information. Many of these anchors have been there for us through tragedy & happiness, and are often comforting in times of need. We really come to love some of them and I think Peter Jennings is included in that group. He'll be sadly missed.

Comment

Originally posted by Disguy
                          How sad is this! I really liked watching him too. Just the other day I was talking to someone about hoping he is able to make one last broadcast. They recently did a report about ABC News sending an airplane banner reading Happy Birthday. He smoked for several years if I remember correctly. Sure does open ones eyes
                          Being a ABC, Disney, Employee wouldn't you think he know the results of smoking from Walt Disney's death? I have used this as a reason not to smoke to my little brothers, and one actually cried because he didn't know he died because of that.
                          Alex

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible." Walt Disney

My Flickr: Flickr.com/agoldman
                          My Twitter: Twitter.com/al3xg
                          My Facebook: Facebook.com/al3xg

Comment

He and Ted Koppel were mainstays of the news when I still watched television. He was a newscaster for almost half my life. When someone has that much of a uniquitous presence in ones life, it's hard not to feel sadness......for him and for the reminder of the passage of time.

Rest well, Peter.

Comment

wow. Unbelievable news. Seems like the old guard of network news has really changed. No one of our generation can measure up to them. What a shock.
                              Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                              Help support the site you love:
                              -Visit the MiceChat store
                              Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                              MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X