Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would Disney have been this big if Walt had had a different name?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would Disney have been this big if Walt had had a different name?

If Walt had been Walt Bergman, or Walt Smith, or Walt Flanaghan, would that have impacted his legacy? Would people flock to Stevensland or Sipowiczland? Or what would he have called Disneyland if his name hadn't rolled off the tongue as easily as "Disney"?

Re: Would Disney have been this big if Walt had had a different name?

If my name was Walt, I would name it Walt world.
    Har har har

Comment

It's an interesting point.

'Disney' is not exactly a familiar name outside of Walt's company and of course nobody can actually have that surname without being constantly bugged by 'any relation' questions. But I suspect that the handle has little to do with what's in the cup and the name does not matter.

Certain names are now forever linked with one individual. Disney is probably the most famous surname in the world now but is no less catchy than 'Spielberg', 'Hitchcock' or 'Hitler'.
      WDW - 1987 & 1991
      DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
      DLR - October 2011

Comment

hmmm...If it had the same ambiance...I'd still go to Flanaghan World.

Comment

What about 'Hitlerland'?!
          WDW - 1987 & 1991
          DLP - 1996, 2004, 2006 & 2007
          DLR - October 2011

Comment

Yes, yes it would. The park didn't become popular because of its name.

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
              Yes, yes it would. The park didn't become popular because of its name.
              I agree completely. If his name had been Swartz then planning a trip to Swartzland would just sound natural. It was the man that made the name famous not the name that made the man famous.
              Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Originally posted by nathan detroit View Post
                What about 'Hitlerland'?!
                Originally posted by DLandFansAZ View Post
                I agree completely. If his name had been Swartz then planning a trip to Swartzland would just sound natural. It was the man that made the name famous not the name that made the man famous.

:lmao:

omg it could be called weiner snitzel park.

Comment

Would Ford have been this big if Henry had a different name?

Comment

Let's drive around a Koldiblagger!
                    Angels Fan, born and raised.
                    Come on you Galaxy.

Comment

Originally posted by Hakuna Makarla View Post
                      :lmao:

omg it could be called weiner snitzel park.
                      That would be Der Weiner Snitzel Park.
                      Stalking is when two people go for a long romantic walk together but only one of them knows about it.

Comment

Yes.

Comment

I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I just realized that "Disney" is kind of a nice name, and then I added "land" to my own last name and, well, let's just say it ain't pretty.

Comment

Originally posted by pussnboots View Post
                            I wasn't trying to offend anyone, I just realized that "Disney" is kind of a nice name, and then I added "land" to my own last name and, well, let's just say it ain't pretty.
                            Hey, we did not take it offencively . it was just fun to play on last names. Some times we get a funny bug in our behinds. it was a fun question
                            HAve a great day! and keep the questions coming.

Comment

If I recall correctly, the original name for Disneyland was not Disneyland. It was Mickey Mouse Park.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X