This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fire in Santa Cruz

I've been hearing about a pretty big fire in Santa Cruz. I know we have a few MCer who live there (Princess Buttercup, Wesley). Hope you and your homes are all safe!

Re: Fire in Santa Cruz

I heard about it as well, its all over the news where I live. There saying over 500 Acres have burned, and the wind isn't helping.
    Har har har

Comment

Oh no, I hope no homes are lost.

Comment

I live about 30 minutes from there, and work down here in Salinas,and you can see the smoke from here.
        Dave

Comment

The Mercury News is reporting that at least 20 homes are currently threatened.

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
            The Mercury News is reporting that at least 20 homes are currently threatened.
            oh no...pb is not home...I hope their home is safe.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
              Oh! Didn't know that. I'm sure she has friends/neighbors she can contact and find out.

Comment

The fire in the Santa Cruz mountains looks like it's closer to Watsonville than it is to Santa Cruz/Scotts Valley: http://www.mercurynews.com/ci_9345441?nclick_check=1

Our property caught fire this morning. A neighbor was mowing for us and threw some sparks. sparks+wind=fire

The fire department was able to knock it down in about an hour and none of our out-buildings burned. It did come VERY close to a garage and the boat - thankfully we didn't lose anything.

I'm feeling a little stressed. I think I'm going to throw up now.

This wind is incredible. They say it will die down and northern California should see a little bit of rain this weekend. Pray that happens!

Comment

Originally posted by fairygoodmother View Post

Our property caught fire this morning. A neighbor was mowing for us and threw some sparks. sparks+wind=fire

The fire department was able to knock it down in about an hour and none of our out-buildings burned. It did come VERY close to a garage and the boat - thankfully we didn't lose anything.
                  Glad you are okay!! Yeah, we had the winds yesterday and the day before. Must have moved north!

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    From what I saw on TV this morning and what I know of the area, the fire isn't anywhere near her house, nor is the wind blowing in that direction.
                    Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                    2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                    2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                    sigpic

Comment

Now there saying over 3000+ Acres have burned.
                      Har har har

Comment

My in-laws live on campus at Aptos High School and my father-in-law says that they canceled school today because of how close the fire is. I pray my favorite Art Professor is ok. His home is in Corralitos right smack in the middle of the trees. Can't imagine what it would be like to lose years and years of art work due to a fire. I heard that the entire town of Corralitos was evacuated. Scotts Valley (Where PB is at?) Is a ways from the fire. The fire is coming up from the south west from what I hear.
                        PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X