This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• An Earthquake at DL

Minutes ago I just felt a small jolt, Some shaking occured yesterday, theres no doubt in my mind that the big one is coming. Where was everyone when Northridge happened?

Re: An Earthquake at DL

I was at home asleep. It got my nerves going since its not exactly the best thing to wake up to.
    Everybody's got a laughin' place-
    trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it.

Comment

I was sleeping at home. I was also only 14 when it happened.
      "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

A microearthquake occurred at 11:29:45 PM (PDT) on Friday, May 23, 2008.
        The magnitude 2.1 event occurred 5 km (3 miles) SE of Yorba Linda, CA.
        The hypocentral depth is 3 km ( 2 miles).

Magnitude 2.1 - local magnitude (ML) Time Friday, May 23, 2008 at 11:29:45 PM (PDT)
        Saturday, May 24, 2008 at 6:29:45 (UTC) Distance from Yorba Linda, CA - 5 km (3 miles) SE (130 degrees)
        Villa Park, CA - 7 km (5 miles) NE (51 degrees)
        Placentia, CA - 10 km (6 miles) ESE (105 degrees)
        Orange, CA - 10 km (6 miles) NE (52 degrees)
        Los Angeles Civic Center, CA - 51 km (32 miles) ESE (115 degrees)
        Coordinates 33 deg. 51.5 min. N (33.858N), 117 deg. 44.9 min. W (117.749W) Depth 2.7 km (1.7 miles) Location Quality Good Location Quality Parameters Nst=055, Nph=055, Dmin
        Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
        An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
        Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
        Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Thanks aladdin! A 2.1 earthquake compared to the Northridge earthquake is like comparing a class 5 hurricane to morning dew.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            Thanks aladdin! A 2.1 earthquake compared to the Northridge earthquake is like comparing a class 5 hurricane to morning dew.
            Comparing the world's 5 Magic Kingdoms on my blog : 5 Kingdoms

Comment

scary stuff...lets hope we have lots of little ones and not one huge one.

SUPPORT THE CMs

sigpic
              For me, Tomorrow is everyday...wait...what?

Comment

I was not there for Northridge, but I was at Disneyland for the Landers and Big Bear quakes of 1992. Landers was a 7.3 and Bear was 6.4. Nothing like being on the 14th floor of the Paradise Pier Hotel (then known as the Pan Pacific Hotel) during an earthquake. Ahh good times (not really).

Comment

Hmm, I didn't feel it. I think I was doing pushups at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
                    Remember when you could get Mountain Dew in Fort Wilderness?

Comment

September 2nd, 2007 was a super hot day. It was also a day that a small earthquake hit Disneyland. My friend and I were on Indy so we didn't feel a thing. Every single ride had to be shut down to do a safety check. Not a good thing when it's hot and people are grumpy/pissed. I think it only took 10-15 mins to do a safety check, it felt like forever but I think that was just the heat.

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                        I was not there for Northridge, but I was at Disneyland for the Landers and Big Bear quakes of 1992. Landers was a 7.3 and Bear was 6.4. Nothing like being on the 14th floor of the Paradise Pier Hotel (then known as the Pan Pacific Hotel) during an earthquake. Ahh good times (not really).

Been sitting at the Paradise Pier Hotel all night long (From the 1st floor) and I didn't feel a thing... Wouldn't have even known there was one had it not been for this post... Lol... Guess I am not very observant...

Comment

While I was working in San Francisco, we had a small little 3 pointer. Now, being on the the 30th floor, it didn't feel so small...

Comment

Originally posted by Melonballer View Post
                            Try being 15 miles from the epicenter of the Landers quake.... Ok, I wasn't 14 floors up but it certainly was a rude awakening first thing in the morning!

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
                            all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

Comment

Ouch, hope everyone's okay! Glad to hear it was a small one at least.

That being said, "Excuse me, Mother Nature, could you NOT destroy DL before I get to visit it for the first time? Thanks!" LOL

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X