This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you do puzzles?

Every morning, here in Chicago, I read the Chicago Sun Times. Some mornings I read more of it, than others. Lately they have been featuring this puzzle called SUDOKU. Basically it is 9 boxes in a 3 x 3 grid. Each box has 9 numbers in a 3x3 grid. They fill in some numbers. You are suppose to fill in the rest. You are suppose to have all numbers 1 to 9 in each column both horizontally and vertically, and also all 9 numbers in each box. Well I am not smart enough for this. They claim it is not a mathematical puzzle. They are labeling it as one of logic and reason.

What puzzles do you like to do. I sometimes buy those books with the word searches. They are fun. I was into Jumbles at one time. Not very good at crossword puzzles. I guess puzzles are not really my thing.

So who likes puzzles? What kind of puzzles are you hooked on?
    BarbaraAnn

Re: Do you do puzzles?

I'm a crossword fan - love the challenge and keeps the vocab sharp. Also jigsaw. I just bought the photomosaic MIckey puzzle which will be my fun for the next bit!

Comment

I love puzzles ) ! We have a math maze puzzle in the daily paper that I really like to do. I've been trying to do the Sudoku, but I haven't finished one yet. And of course, there's the standard crossword puzzles that can always keep me amused.

Comment

Love me the Sudoku. I'm also a big maze fanatic. When I went to Hawaii, one of my biggest priorities was not the beach, but the Dole Plantation, where I could do the Pinapple Maze. Regular mazes on paper are still good too.

I'm not as good at crosswords and/or word puzzles... my mind strays to abstract mathematical & logic concepts more. I used to subscribe to Games magazine, but they would always have way more word puzzles, and I got frustrated.
        Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

I do crosswords while sitting on a certain throne in my house

Comment

I do two crosswords and one cryptoquote everyday.
            sigpic

This has been a Filmways presentation dahling.

Comment

I do the NY Times crossword every day.

Except Sunday. :bang: It's toooo hard.

My daughter is addicted to jigsaw puzzles. She does 500 piece ones UPSIDE DOWN!!! For a year now, she's worked on various 1000 piece ones.....has completed quite a few now. She has this amazing attention span for it. She loves them.

She just started a Mickey photomosaic.....it's a toughie.

Comment

I love Games magazine! I always buy it when going on a trip so I have something to work on in the car/plane. I am also working on the accursed Mickey photomosaic puzzle. I hope I can get it finished before I start having homework next week. I try to do the LA Times Sunday crossword, but I haven't had time lately. Does playing Scrabble count?
                A signature should go here.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X