• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VoluntEARs

Anyone else a part of VoluntEARs?

Re: VoluntEARs

I do a lot of VoluntEAR events.

It's a lot of fun, and you get to meet people from across the Resort in a casual, non-work manner. It's also a great way for CMs to reach out into our community and spread some magic outside the Resort, in some cases, to those who wouldn't be able to make it to the DLR for whatever reason (financial, personal, etc.)

Comment

If I had the time......
      Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
      it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Is it true non castmembers can be VoluntEARS at CHOC Walk? My friend seems to think so.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobbit View Post
          Is it true non castmembers can be VoluntEARS at CHOC Walk? My friend seems to think so.
          I would assume so. I worked with VoluntEARS in Orlando once while on my College Program and there were a handful of non CMs involved. Though I think they all either knew a CM there or knew one of the organizers at the non-profit. I suppose it depends on what the VoluntEAR opportunity is and who is in charge.
          I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

Comment

A lot of the events all non-cast members to participate, but it does depend on the event.

Comment

As long as they're there with a Cast Member, it's quite alright. All of the events I've signed up for let me bring friends or family to help out as well.

Comment

Do they do many things with the local foodbanks? I used to work with a foodbank and I think they do wonderful things, I have been meaning to find out and sign up for some events. I think I get all confused whenever I see about it.

"I'm not funny. What I am is brave." - Lucille Ball

Comment

Originally posted by ashley solo View Post
                  Do they do many things with the local foodbanks? I used to work with a foodbank and I think they do wonderful things, I have been meaning to find out and sign up for some events. I think I get all confused whenever I see about it.
                  VoluntEARS does boxing of food for one of the local foodbanks. I forget which particular one at the moment, but it's a major event each year.

You can sign up for activities by going to The Hub, Disney Difference Tab, Disney VoluntEARS Module.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X