This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waiting List Process

I got an e-mail today asking me if I'm still interested for employment at Disneyland.
    I wonder, How long would it take to actually get a notice (e-mail) to schedule to fill out the paper work?
    Has anyone pass thru this process?
    How long did it take you?
    What's yet to come?
    Any comments, advice, stories are welcomed.
    lovable & curious monstrito

Re: Waiting List Process

My son applied online, two weeks later he was asked to do an online interview which he did, He was notified immediately that he had passed and received an email a couple hours later to schedule a face to face. He went in for the face to face - had a one on one interview and was hired on the spot. Starts training next week. The whole process took about 3 weeks.

Second tale:
    My daughter heard that my son got hired and decided she wanted to work there too. Went online and applied for work in 365, or attractions...She received an online interview almost immediately, passed that and is scheduled for a face to face next week.
    The timeline on this process was all under 8 hours.

Meanwhile, it took my wife about 6 months from when she applied to when she was hired.

Go Figure!
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

I applied September 1, less than an hour I got an invitation for a web-based interview. I pass the Interview and invited me to schedule an appointment and watch some videos on what you want to work on. Like explore what's behind every job. September 7, I got interviewed for Attractions, went well but my interviewer suggested me for other roles so I took it, and was put on the waiting list. He anticipated on getting the e-mail around October or November. I got an e-mail in october the 7th asking me if I was still interested for employment. I confirmed. October 25th, got an e-mail to call. so I called the number that was on the email, left a voicemail (name and number). Now, am scheduled to go do the hire papers and the new hire onboarding class November oh yeah
      Last edited by LittleMonstrito; 10-25-2011, 07:59 PM. Reason: update

Comment

IM going off my information on the website so i know the dates are accurate

I applied ONLINE for a Disneyland Travel Company Cast Member.(9/9/11/)

I was asked to do an online interview that night, about 4 hours later. (9/9/11)

On (9/12/11) received an email stating I had 5 days to schedule an interview(9/12/11)

The appointment was confirmed on 9/13/11. heres what it said." Thank you again for your interest in the DisneylandDisneyland Casting Center on September 27, 2011 at 9:15:00 AM."(9/13/11)

Had my face to face interview with the recruiter, her name was Tansy. After about 10 mins or so she gave me a paper with what I would be doing from day to day and the physical requirements. She excused her self and came back a few minutes later and asked if I could return on 9/28/11 at 2pm. Of course I could So i left, found the calling center which is about 10mins away from the hiring center.

Went for my interview on 9/28/11. Three other people were there with me. That lasted about 3 hours.

I received the call 10/5/11 from Tansy but I wasn't home. I called the following morning and was offered the job.

Now i don't know if I missed the Oct. training class's because she didn't get my return phone call till the next day(I hope NOT) but when I spoke to her Thursday morning I was at Disneyland about to get in line to get in the park. She said the OCT class was full, which sank my hearto no end,INSTANTLY, but she said Id like to offer you into the November class.

Im currently going to be a part timer to start. No benefits EXCEPT I get into the park free, and( and I hope someone can clear this up for me) I can bring in as many dependents as i list up to 13 times a year for free.

I hope this helps some of you out, it surly is a LONG process but once your in and able to get full time the benefits are great(or so i hear)
        Last edited by Kevin Noty; 10-07-2011, 07:21 PM.

Comment

It really just depends. A family friend applied and got wait listed, and never got a call back. Another friend of mine got wait listed, and two weeks later, got a call with a job offer.

Comment

Does it mean that every month (if still on the waiting list) you get an e-mail to update your interest?

Comment

I don't think so. But it wouldn't hurt to call every few weeks just to check the status of your application.

Comment

You can get lost in the shuffle sometimes.
                My son had his face to face interview and was told he had the job, go home and wait for an email to schedule coming in to finalize your paperwork, that took about another week or so and then he called to follow up and suddenly he got the email that day..coincidence?
                Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
                Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

Comment

I'm curious as to what they ask during the computer portion of the interview. That which, apparently, is given before you ever meet anyone face to face. I've heard that nowadays they also present questions about guest situations during the face to face interview to see how potential CMs might respond. Anyone know what types of situations they ask about? I don't remember this in my interview. Of course, that was back in '83.

Comment

I think it depends. I interviewed for attractions and was asked a situation like: "Alright, so people have been waiting in line for Space Mountain for more than 45 minutes, and the ride breaks down. What do you do?". Also, because I was a rehire, I was asked if there was anything on my record card I wanted to mention.

Comment

Originally posted by LittleMonstrito View Post
                      I applied September 1, less than an hour I got an invitation for a web-based interview. I pass the Interview and invited me to schedule an appointment and watch some videos on what you want to work on. Like explore what's behind every job. September 7, I got interviewed for Attractions, went well but my interviewer suggested me for other roles so I took it, and was put on the waiting list. He anticipated on getting the e-mail around October or November. Gladly, I got an e-mail today asking me if I was still interested for employment. I confirmed and now I'm waiting for what's next to come. ^_^
                      I'm currently undergoing the same process. Received an email asking that if I was still interested in the position I was applying for call a number and leave my info. I felt pretty good about it because I thought I was going to get hired when they called me back that same day. They told me they still needed to do a background check on me before proceeding any further and that I am still on the waiting list. She told me that they would call me after the background check goes through to do the rest of the hiring process through the phone. She also mentioned that she hopes positions would still be available after my background check process. Is this similar to what happened to you?

I asked her how long it takes to do a background check and she said usually it takes about 2 weeks. It's been 3-4 weeks and I haven't heard anything yet, so I'm going to call in Monday to check the status of my process.

To anyone out there who can provide some advice: who should I ask for when I call? should I ask to talk to a recruiter? do you have any advice on this subject for me? Thank you so much in advance.

Comment

Thanks. Having worked the likes of Space and Matterhorn years ago and had that very thing happen on occasion, would be interesting if they still expect the same kind of response we used to give years ago. I know a lot has changed at the park since I left. Our response was pretty simple and to the point, tagged with a courteous smile, of course, and and an apology for any inconvenience.
                        Last edited by CASurfer65; 10-16-2011, 03:56 PM.

Comment

Did the call start with an area code (202)? If yes am bumped now for missing that call

Comment

Nope. It should start with 714 if it's coming from the Disneyland Resort.

Comment

*phew that was a relieve thank you
                              if you were on the waiting list process and similar to my story.
                              Did you receive a number to call for the next steps or just to confirm your still interested?
                              another question
                              if you had the e-mail of interest does that mean your on the background check process or just asking for the interest?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X