X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am a NEW DCM

Im going to assume DCM is Disney cast member lol

So i applied for a ticket/vacation sales person and I got the job. I know some people here WORK for Disney and my patience with getting information is a bit thin so Im asking you guys for a little incite.

1.Do Disney have its own credit union? I saw a job posting once for a teller but i never read to see if it was for a "bank" job or just someone who counts the cash after the days sales.

2. The Disney store for employees where is it and whats it called?

3. I know we get in for free, is anything else free. Like can we go on a tour if theres room? I want to bring my sister on one and for sure would pay for it but if its also free,heck why not

4.How about transportation. I know Disney wont come pick me up, thats NOT what im asking lol. I saw in the video they showed us, carpooling,bus and stuff like that. Can anyone shed some light on this stuff. Is there a web page to look up people in your area and see if your able to get rides to work? Im sure its on your own but it never hurts to ask. What about the bus, do they(you) get a discount on the bus pass's?

Re: I am a NEW DCM

I made some research about the credit union... Disney actually has a Bank right there on the casting center. It's Partners Federal Credit Union. You can check it out for yourself https://partnersfcu.org/
    Sorry I can't give much info. I'm currently waiting for a call back lol. But this is what I got so far.
    lovable & curious monstrito

Comment

funny thing is i found that about 10mins before coming here.
      there is little to no information out there, Disney must keep thing tight lipped or has the site that a post is on take it off immediately*shrug* who knows lol

Comment

Some of this stuff you'll learn when you have Traditions/Welcome to Park ops.

1. Partners is a credit union for current Cast Members only. So as long as you still work for the company, you can still make use of their services.

2.There are a couple. There are Team Centers which have some CM exclusive stuff and other things you may need. There are only 4 and they are located at; Harbor Pointe, TDA, near the DLR Hotel, and at Company D. Company D is also another place where you can buy discounted DLR merchandise. This one is in anaheim off of Cerritos and State College.

3. Only admission is free, and you won't be able to get other guests in with you until you have been working for 2-3 months. If you want to go on tours, you'll still need to pay for them at a discounted price. You'll learn about this when you walk through the park.

4. I'm not too sure about this one. I know they do try to help you find carpools and I think you can take the OCTA buses for free, but i'm not 100% sure. There should be more info at your Traditions.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Noty View Post
          Im going to assume DCM is Disney cast member lol
          It's just CM.
          Do Disney have its own credit union?
          Yes. Partners Federal Credit Union. There is a branch in the Team Center at Team Disney Anaheim, (next to, but not in, the Casting Center) and a main branch on Katella Ave.
          The Disney store for employees where is it and whats it called?
          It's called Company D, and is on Cerritos Ave, about a mile from the Resort.
          Like can we go on a tour if theres room?
          Not for free, but Cast Discounts apply to the standard guest tours.
          I want to bring my sister on one and for sure would pay for it but if its also free,heck why not
          You could buy a tour for her at a discounted CM price.
          4.How about transportation...
          There is a commuter assistance program. If you're a new CM, you can find all the information about it on The Hub. DLR offers financial incentives to CM's who carpool, take the bus, walk, bike, etc. Except dont' be dishonest about it. You'll get separated.

Also, if you want to make your career at Disney long term, I encourage you to improve yoru English Language skills. I couldn't help but notice a large amount of typos and grammatical errors in your post. If you're interested in taking an English Grammar class at your local community college, Disney offers tuition reimbursemnt for those who qualify. Lastly, I'm a little concerned about your preoccupation about "freebies". If this comes out during your probationary period, it will leave a bad impression, and you'll get passed over for advancement opportunities. Don't worry about the freebies. You'll have lots of time to learn about those things after you start in your role. If your primary purpose in coming to work at DLR is for the freebies, I guarantee, you won't like the job, and you wont' last long as a CM.

Comment

Work for Disney as you really want to work. Don't be one of those people who have a job and act like they don't deserve it. Be positive at all times, friendly and never lag. I agree on RiversOfAmerica's comment. Don't mention any freebies. Patience is a virtue.
            lovable & curious monstrito

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Noty View Post
              my patience with getting information is a bit thin
              Boy are you working for the wrong company!

Lighthope

Pearls of Wisdom - To escape the error of salvation by works, we have fallen into the opposite error of salvation without obedience. - A.W. Tozer

Comment

And to have patience wearing thin so quick after hiring in? Yikes.

Comment

I don't think it's that his patience is wearing thin, guys... I'm pretty sure it's because he's excited and has a billion of questions to be answered. I'm also pretty sure he's smart enough to not waltz right in and ask about freebies. That's probably why he's asking the MiceChatters.

Kevin Noty, I hope you have lots of fun with your new job and make a fantastic CM! Good luck to you. Oh, and I don't find anything wrong with your post. Many people don 't write formally on here!

By the way, Rivers of America, I love the decoder card as your avatar. I've been trying to find my older sister's one for ever now!
                  sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
                  Disney is my life <3
                  Thank Walt for all he did! <3
                  Future Imagineer <3
                  Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Originally posted by LittleImagineer View Post
                    I don't think it's that his patience is wearing thin, guys... I'm pretty sure it's because he's excited and has a billion of questions to be answered. I'm also pretty sure he's smart enough to not waltz right in and ask about freebies. That's probably why he's asking the MiceChatters.

Kevin Noty, I hope you have lots of fun with your new job and make a fantastic CM! Good luck to you. Oh, and I don't find anything wrong with your post. Many people don 't write formally on here!

By the way, Rivers of America, I love the decoder card as your avatar. I've been trying to find my older sister's one for ever now!
                    I quoted your post because you are 100% on the money. Up until this day I still have not received the answers I have been looking for. I have had a few, not people who've posted in this thread, that have contacted me and given me some good information.

And if your manager said" hey I have free tickets to a concert" would you turn around and say, OH no Not at all I want to pay for them.

But I will find out more information on the 5th of November, hopefully tradions will answer a lot of my questions.

Comment

Hi Kevin,

Yep, most of your questions can be completely answered in your traditions classes. Your main gate sign in pass can come to you in the mail within 30 days of you being hired. If you are a CR, you should get 16 sign ins per year. The amount of people you can sign in per visit depends on what you filled out as far as family and dependents. The most important thing is that you get to do it 16 times per year. Let me warn you up front to be very selective in who you choose to sign in. I had a fellow cast member recently sign in 4 people who later were caught "selling" the passes! This can result in you losing your main gate pass.

Discounts are happening all the time and at different locations. Your department will have this stuff posted in your working area. You will not be in the dark about this.

I have worked here just under 2 years and love it! The harder you work, the more rewards you get (especially from the guests!).

Take your time, enjoy, and be cool! All will come to you in good time my friend!

Comment

TY Funk. Im a little worried now that I read your post

As for family, they are my family and asking, as long as I get in i dont really care LOL.BUT, I have no dependents at all, im a single man. And there was really no mention of "family" on the paper work i filled out. I do have ONE-Three people in my family that on occasion would like to go,one lives here the other 2 visit often, twice a year i guess, can I sign them in for free or even a discount of some kind? Im sure ill find out this Saturday but if your still lurking around, and know how that might work let me know

Comment

Hi Kevin Noty, how did your tradition class go? I had mine yesterday, took the Disneyland tour in the pouring rain! Rather awkward when walking around the park in business attire, especially when you hear "It is the mob!" or "Oh no cops! Run!" From guests. Well, I hope you had a fantastic time!

Comment

I had an AWESOME time. Except for the whiny Californians complaining it was cold when we were outside getting in alphabetical order. By the way cant believe how people who are going to be talking to people they dont know all day long(as CM) cant talk to other CM about their names, I found that rather humorous lol.

I had such a great time I went to the park after, I didnt last long as it was busy and I had my business shoes on, but long enough to ride The Matterhorn once and call it a day lol. Then I went over to Company D and bought one of the Halloween Mickey popcorn buckets for 3.01 out the door,WOOT for big discounts lol. I was actually looking for a key chain,since I moved out to CA Ive been without one. Well guess Ill go into the park next Sunday and get one at my Holiday Discount . Im still excited but coming down off my "Dhigh"

We had 60-70(66 I think was the exact number) people in our class. How many did you have? And please tell me they gave you guys ponchos to wear?

Comment

Originally posted by Carouselofcolour View Post
                              especially when you hear "It is the mob!" or "Oh no cops! Run!" From guests.
                              Weird.
                              I never got that once and I was in many a group, many a time in professional clothes...
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X