Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Face Characters: is Cap'n Jack auditioned the same way?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Face Characters: is Cap'n Jack auditioned the same way?

Here's the situation:

My friend's brother does a spot-on Jack Sparrow, and in costume is something of a dead-ringer for him. So obviously, he'd like to audition for the role.

How is the Jack Sparrow walkaround auditioned? Is it the same as the other face characters? What should I tell this guy about the audition (I've only been to rubberhead auditions myself, so I'm not sure how it varies specifically for face characters)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Re: Face Characters: is Cap'n Jack auditioned the same way?

I know somebody that would probably be even better... he really needs to just start getting some work as a Johnny Depp look-alike/impressionist. Ever see Ninth Gate? Well, that movie looked like Chris' usual self more than any other movie, but, well... he could pretty much do any of Depp's characters. Perfectly.

Unfortunately, he's stuck with that lousy college professor pay.
    -Tim

Comment

when they first auditioned for this back in May, it was in-house only.
      meaning you had to have worked at the park already (i tried to audition myself back in the day)

they may have all the people needed for the time being since they only auditioned 2 months ago
      PSN: ItsTheRocketeer
      Nintendo Network: ItsTheRocketeer
      3DS: 3050-7580-4526

Comment

Ah.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I say still contact Disney see they will need more then one Jack. I have only seen the one Guy play Jack.
          :crazylegs

Comment

[Open Call]

Face Characters
            The Disneyland® Character Department is currently casting Face Character "look alikes."

Dates/Times:
            Saturday, August 19
            8:00 am

Callbacks: August 20
            Training: TBD

Role Descriptions:
            TBA

[Be prepared for impromptu acting, pantomime, storytelling.]

:wave: hello morrigoon
            sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum
              I know somebody that would probably be even better... he really needs to just start getting some work as a Johnny Depp look-alike/impressionist. Ever see Ninth Gate? Well, that movie looked like Chris' usual self more than any other movie, but, well... he could pretty much do any of Depp's characters. Perfectly.

Unfortunately, he's stuck with that lousy college professor pay.
              can i have his phone number?

jk, lol

Comment

Usual face character auditions are...stand in line...fill out application...stand in line...get assigned to a group...stand in line...have CM's come up to you and talk to you....stand in line...wait to hear if you your number gets called. It sounds like they really should open up Jack Sparrow roles to the open call auditions. Seems like they'd be able to get someone who really would portray him well, not just a crossover Prince Charming.
                MCDADMCA

^clicky clicky^

Comment

I just got back from Africa...Four weeks being away from my house...I am so happy to be home!!!!! I am going to try-out for a face character august 19th....I've stayed out of the sun since december and this was the ultimate test to see if I could do it! Wow I am so excited!!!!!! Is anyone else trying out?

Comment

I might be auditioning for face character.Does anyone know what kind of improv they ask of you?And what do you wear since you may be dancing?
                    Originally posted by LlamaLover
                    Okay I just have to derail this thread one more time because JCG that was not a bad joke, it was high-lar-e-us! It is a good thing I was not drinking something because it would have ended up all over my screen. This image of your cat, fully dressed, requesting a photo shoot (in an English accent mind you) just really got to me. Wow, I need to go catch my breath and maybe see what was in that bottled water I was drinking earlier...

Comment

Ahhh!!! I almost made it!! I'm too small for the costumes!! I was shocked at how many people showed up...it looked like about 600 plus people!....They took only about 50 (me included)...it was a pretty cool experience regardless...i got to go behind toontown to the dance studio!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X