X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A few cast member questions.

Well...

Hi. I'm Anthony. I just got hired in attractions in frontier/adventureland as a CR. I had Traditions on Saturday the 20th.

I was wondering a few things.

First off.

How do I get promoted from CR to RPT/RFT? Just a simple matter of seniority?

What do I get for free?

Do I get into both parks for free?

What are the rules about getting in for free? Who can I bring? When can I bring them? Are there any cool perks? What about events not available to the public? They touched briefly on a few things at traditions, but didn't really offer any in depth detail about joining them.

I don't know why, but I can't log into the hub from this computer.

What should I be afraid of? By that, I mean... What dates should I be afraid of...What rides should I be afraid to work on? and when will I be able to expect a weekend off?

How come everyone else at Traditions got their name tag and ID card and I just got my name tag?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Re: A few cast member questions.

I'm not nor have ever been a CM - all I know is you have to wait in line like everyone else according to a CM at the park.
    "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

Comment

As a former CM..........

Originally posted by antrossini View Post
      Well...

Hi. I'm Anthony. I just got hired in attractions in frontier/adventureland as a CR. I had Traditions on Saturday the 20th.

I was wondering a few things.

First off.

How do I get promoted from CR to RPT/RFT? Just a simple matter of seniority?
      Either that, or fill out a form in cast scheduling.

What do I get for free?

Do I get into both parks for free?
      Well, that's a given as well as free parking, discount on food and merchandise, except for ODV.

I don't know why, but I can't log into the hub from this computer.
      I never even been to either, so I just used log on to it at work.

What should I be afraid of? By that, I mean... What dates should I be afraid of...What rides should I be afraid to work on? and when will I be able to expect a weekend off?
      be afraid, be very afraid............... run, RUNAWAY AND DON'T LOOK BACK!!! Run before they suck you in, like me!!! LOL :lol:

How come everyone else at Traditions got their name tag and ID card and I just got my name tag?
      You should be able to get both!! Just wait, you should be able to get it before your training.

That is all!!

Comment

If you were hired and had your Traditions very soon after, they didn't have enough time to get your id printed up. I don't know what you are supposed to do about that, as you can't get into Harbor Point without an id. Make sure to get to HP really early, as you will likely have to call production scheduling in order to have them give you clearance to get through the security scan.

You get into both parks free, as many times as you'd like. There are block-out days, however and you will find those out when you get your sign-in card in the mail. I believe they send those out 2 weeks after you've been hired now. You can sign 3 people in, 16 times a year, excluding block-out days. You are held responsible for any idiot things the people you sign in may do, so be careful about who you turn loose in the parks!

If you are having trouble accessing the hub, let your trainer know about that. They will be able to help you, most likely when you are in the learning center. If not then, ask your area manager when you have your first check-in.

Any holiday...you will be working them all. Especially being a new hire CR. You can convert to FT status if you have no writtens within the past 6 months, I believe and/or too many points too soon. There are periods of time that they convert to FT, and those will be posted all over your area backstage, as well as in your scheduling offices. There is no guarantee you will be converted, however, and before you do, be sure that you are able to fulfill the requirements of FT as they are different than CR requirements.

Getting weekends off will not be difficult at first...as in, the first few weeks. Expect to be scheduled just enough to fulfill your requirements for post training shifts (usually several 4 hour shifts)...after that, expect to fill out "I want to work" forms and be calling in daily to try and pick up shifts. You will not likely be getting very many hours to start...Seniority will help, but being proactive will help for the immediate future. When you do get scheduled, expect to be working weekends for the rest of your life. Ok, I exaggarate...but I've been there over a year and have had 2 Friday's off...no Saturday or Sundays unless I put in ADO's for them. So, ya...if you have specific dates you want off, request them ASAP. What I mean by this is...if you are wanting to have such and such days off in March, request them now. This will help to ensure you will get them off, though its no guarantee, obviously.

Points! Hopefully you are aware of the points system. You get 24 points a year. 1.5 points for being late to work (late clocking in at your location, being a minute late still gives you 1.5 points), 3.0 for call sick/personal/transportation and the like. Call sick gives you 3 days off with 3.0 points, but you have to still call in each day to let them know you are call sick, day 2/3 or whatever. Too many points in a certain amount of time equals a discipline. Be careful with your points! Don't call in just to call in. Leave at least 30 minutes time to get from Klot to HP via the shuttle. In other words, don't be one of us that has to get to work an hour early, to avoid getting that last 1.5 points that would result in discipline...

Be ready to answer stupid guest questions (such as, "Do I need to take my child out of the stroller before I fold it?") with a smile, be prepared to be yelled at with a smile, be prepared to answer the same question over and over (such as, "where are the bathrooms?"), be ready to work long hours, be ready to create some magic. Good luck!
        Last edited by kriskitty22; 10-24-2007, 04:42 PM.
        sigpic

Forget Disney Magic...Universal performs MIRACLES!!!

Comment

If they dont have your id, hold on the your hire sheet and a photo ID, and get to harbor point early.

Comment

Congratulations on being hired . Now watch as Disney slowly but surely takes over every aspect of your life, lol (just kidding).

Originally posted by antrossini
            What are the rules about getting in for free? Who can I bring? When can I bring them? Are there any cool perks? What about events not available to the public? They touched briefly on a few things at traditions, but didn't really offer any in depth detail about joining them.
            Just wanted to talk about the special events. For those, you generally get enough extra tickets to cover your dependents (as detailed on that dependents form you filled out when you hired in), if you have no dependents, you get one or two extras. You'll get information in the post when there is an event.

Other perks...we get a bunch of discounts at business establishments here in Orange County. There should be a red book available at the TEAM Center that lists all of them.

Here are a few other questions, since I'm still trying to find everything myself:

*Where in the heck are those "I Want to Work" Forms?? I've been (figuratively) tearing up the schedule room at Harbor Pointe trying to find them. With my luck, they've been staring me right in the face, and I just haven't noticed.

*Can we check how many points we have from home? I've been trying to bring up my Record Card on the hub and it shows nothing. Do I have to be using a computer on the company network to access it?
            Last edited by glendalais89; 10-24-2007, 07:14 PM.

Comment

Get the "I want to work" forms from your area schedulers office since they are the ones that use them to call in people. They generally just keep them in a notebook.

There would be no point in central scheduling handling them since they would just have to get them distributed to the area schedulers.

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
                *Can we check how many points we have from home? I've been trying to bring up my Record Card on the hub and it shows nothing. Do I have to be using a computer on the company network to access it?
                No, you can't check your points from home. Yes, you need to be on a company computer to access SAP. You can also ask your manager to print a copy for you. Theirs is better (in my opinion), because it shows where you are in your various allowances (1, 3, 6, & 12 months). If you look it up on your own, you just get one giant list.

Comment

well your ADV/Frontierland you have the chance of working Steam trains, Disney Story, Indy, Jungle/Tiki, Thunder and the vehicles all good choices to learn

Comment

Most likely in Ad/Frnt Attractions, your first attraction will most likely be Indy. Maybe Jungle/Tiki?

Thunder is cross-train only, so you won't have that as your first attraction. Cross-training to any new attractions usually doesn't happen until five or six months into you getting your first attraction... it's also based on job performance as well.

-----

You can check your points on the Hub.

-----

CR to RFT status conversations are done by seniority. You could be working up to a year before you are eligible for RFT. It's really depends on space availability (they only have a certain number of RFT positions at any given time, once someone who is RFT quits then that's an open spot for someone). However, CR to RFT conversions are only done at certain times of the year.

-----

Bring your hire sheet (where it has all your information, your personnel number, and your department that you got at Casting and a picture ID. That will let you into Harbor Pointe. Your first day you'll be meeting outside of Central First Aid, which is just straight ahead from Harbor Pointe by the flagpoles.

-----

I'm in Ad/Frnt Attractions as well. Welcome!
                    Last edited by Burnt Toast; 10-24-2007, 10:14 PM.
                    Burnt Toast
                    The Magic Begins With Me...! 8:P

Comment

Originally posted by glendalais89 View Post
                      *Where in the heck are those "I Want to Work" Forms?? I've been (figuratively) tearing up the schedule room at Harbor Pointe trying to find them. With my luck, they've been staring me right in the face, and I just haven't noticed.
                      I can't speak for other departments, but to my knowledge, this form has been done away with in Store Operations. Cast Members are to call or speak to a Stage Scheduler in person and ask to be placed on a list for a given work day that they are not scheduled and want to work or are scheduled and want a longer shift.

Comment

Im checking my points right now from home (I have 6 ^^) All you do is go to the hub personal etc...
                        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rz-c7Ees4QQ

Come Celebrate with us, we can't wait to meet ya!

Comment

When I didn't get my ID (both times hiring in), I just walked around the resort aimlessly, without anyone asking who or what I was doing there. You do need that white sheet with you and your photo ID with you to get in.

In ODV, at least from what I know, you just have to apply to get FT status. It happens a lot from what I've seen.

I haven't been able to check my paystub, points, or anything that requires SAP for a long time.
                          Took mom to Disneyland for the first time in over 20 years this week! Woo!
                          - March 1, 2006

She screamed, cried, and laughed...
                          - me too!

Comment

Thanks so much for all the help. Very informative, and complete.

Karnever: I'm training in jungle/tiki.

Comment

Originally posted by Alyssa3467 View Post
                              I can't speak for other departments, but to my knowledge, this form has been done away with in Store Operations. Cast Members are to call or speak to a Stage Scheduler in person and ask to be placed on a list for a given work day that they are not scheduled and want to work or are scheduled and want a longer shift.
                              Originally posted by JeffYardDog View Post
                              Get the "I want to work" forms from your area schedulers office since they are the ones that use them to call in people. They generally just keep them in a notebook.

There would be no point in central scheduling handling them since they would just have to get them distributed to the area schedulers.
                              Just wanted to give an update after talking to scheduling recently.

For those Cast Members working in Park Foods & Beverages (at least in QSR). This form has been eliminated as well. You need to call into scheduling each day you're interested in picking up a shift.

Just one other question. I got shifted over to Main Street Restaurants recently, and then got put to work as Cashier when I got over there (I'm normally Host/Food Services Worker/whatever it's called now). To make it short, I liked it and found that I did better there than I'm doing in my current position, and I was just wondering if I could put in a request for Cross Training now, or if I have to wait until my probation ends in January. I can't seem to find any restriction regarding prohibition on the form, but I'm not sure, and my gut feeling is leaning towards it being prohibited.

I realize I'm probably at the very bottom of the pole when it comes to Cast Members who can be crossed trained, but it can't hurt to try, right?

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X