This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Studio Employees Who Visit Disneyland

Can anyone answer this? For the longest time, I've noticed how Walt Disney Studios employees often wear their nametag and company ID on a lanyard when they visit Disneyland. Why do they do this? Is it a company requirement, or do they just wear it because they want to be acknowledged? If it's a company requirement, what is the reason for this rule?

If anything, it seems inappropriate because nametags help guests identify working cast members. If one is in the park as a guest, I don't think they should be wearing a nametag or ID.

Re: Studio Employees Who Visit Disneyland

They could actually just be walking through the park on "business," and thus are wearing them since they are technically working. If they're on rides and such, they could be doing research, or they may have just forgotten they're wearing them.

Comment

No, they're in the park for their enjoyment. When you see them in the park with their children, you know they're not there to work. The last group I interacted with was a studio employee and her son riding in the monorail nosecone. She and her son told me they were having a good time that day.

Comment

When I've been up on the studio lot in Burbank, I think they need to ware them around up there. It may be just the habit. You get so set into having it around your neck that its just second nature to put it on and walk around with it on. Yeah, its kinda tacky that they do it, but no one seems to challenge them on it, so they still do it.

Comment

Cast Members are supposed to remind other cast members to remove their nametags and conceal their IDs when playing in the park.

Comment

Originally posted by mrfantasmic View Post
            Cast Members are supposed to remind other cast members to remove their nametags and conceal their IDs when playing in the park.
            haha, even if im in the parking playing with no ID on and my ID in my pocket, i still get people asking me questions. They must see my soul and know im stilla Disneyland CM. AAAAAAAAH!
            ~ A Cute, Little, Fuzzy, Silly, and Chubby Cast Member ~

Comment

I have a friend that works at the studios in Burbank. I should ask her.

Comment

Originally posted by Duffy View Post
                haha, even if im in the parking playing with no ID on and my ID in my pocket, i still get people asking me questions. They must see my soul and know im stilla Disneyland CM. AAAAAAAAH!
                I know! There I am minding my own business and people ask me to take their pic or something! It's kinda strange.
                I want my cake back!
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                  I have a friend that works at the studios in Burbank. I should ask her.
                  I would be very curious to know. Please share when you find out.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X