Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Worst Music Lyrics Ever

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Worst Music Lyrics Ever

    Spinner has come up with a top 20 (#1: Sade - "Coast to coast. L.A. to Chicago.") and its readers came up with a top 20: (#1: Van Halen - "Only time will tell if we stand the test of time.) http://www.spinner.com/2007/04/05/re...rics-ever-no-1

    What do micechatters think are the worst lyrics of all time?

    My vote for #1 would go to the Dead Milkmen:

    And someone played a Beach Boys tune on the jukebox
    It was California Dreamin'
    And so we started screamin'
    On such a winter's daaaayyyy.

    The problem, of course, is that California Dreamin' was by the Mamas and the Papas, not the Beach Boys.
    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

    Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

    [None]
    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

  • #2
    Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

    I think pretty much any rap or hip hop song would fit in this catagory.




    Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!


    Originally posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

      Every single word of "My Humps". I'm sorry but when I hear "lovely lady lumps" I think of a VD.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

        van halens "jump"...
        "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

        [FONT=Arial Narrow]

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

          My vote goes to MacArthur Park... pretty much the entire song. But especially the chorus... If I remember right, it's something like "Someone left the cake out in the rain/ I don't know if I can make it/ because it took so long to bake it/ and I don't think I'll find that recipe again." I really don't care enough to actually look up. The original is probably so much worse than my memories of it.
          -Tim

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

            They Might Be Giants, We want a rock

            "Where was I? I forgot
            The point that I was making
            I said if I was smart that I would
            Save up for a piece of string
            And a rock to wind the string around
            Everybody wants a rock
            To wind a piece of string around
            Everybody wants a rock
            To wind a piece of string around
            Throw the crib door wide
            Let the people crawl inside
            Someone in this town
            Is trying to burn the playhouse down
            They want to stop the ones who want
            A rock to wind a string around
            But everybody wants a rock
            To wind a piece of string around"

            Its the happies sogn ever but makes absolutely no sense.

            A little piece of heaven

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

              Originally posted by Cousin Orville View Post
              van halens "jump"...
              From the same album, in Hot For Teacher:

              "I don't feel tardy."
              Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

              Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

              [None]
              The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                Originally posted by FrumiousBoojum View Post
                My vote goes to MacArthur Park... pretty much the entire song. But especially the chorus... If I remember right, it's something like "Someone left the cake out in the rain/ I don't know if I can make it/ because it took so long to bake it/ and I don't think I'll find that recipe again." I really don't care enough to actually look up. The original is probably so much worse than my memories of it.
                You beat me to the punch ...

                "MacArthur Park lies waiting in the dark, like a sweet green icing flowing down..."

                "Ring my Bell, ring my bell
                (ding dong ding)
                You can ring my bell, ring my bell"
                (repeat)
                "I've got the heart of a child..." - I keep it in a box, next to my bed...

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                  Oxycotton by Lil' Wyte.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                    Originally posted by MollyTrolly View Post
                    They Might Be Giants, We want a rock

                    "Where was I? I forgot
                    The point that I was making
                    I said if I was smart that I would
                    Save up for a piece of string
                    And a rock to wind the string around
                    Everybody wants a rock
                    To wind a piece of string around
                    Everybody wants a rock
                    To wind a piece of string around
                    Throw the crib door wide
                    Let the people crawl inside
                    Someone in this town
                    Is trying to burn the playhouse down
                    They want to stop the ones who want
                    A rock to wind a string around
                    But everybody wants a rock
                    To wind a piece of string around"

                    Its the happies sogn ever but makes absolutely no sense.

                    HAHA I love that one...

                    I would have to say it is about as strange as

                    "Minimum Waaaaaaaaaaaage! Heeyah!"

                    Got to be the least amount of lyrics in one song


                    How about "Stand" by R.E.M

                    Stand in the place where you live
                    Now face north
                    Think about direction
                    Wonder why you havent before
                    Now stand in the place where you work
                    Now face west
                    Think about the place where you live
                    Wonder why you havent before

                    If you are confused check with the sun
                    Carry a compass to help you along
                    Your feet are going to be on the ground
                    Your head is there to move you around

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                      How about this beauty:

                      Brown Girl In The Ring lyrics
                      Brown girl in the ring
                      Tra la la la la
                      There's a brown girl in the ring
                      Tra la la la la la la
                      Brown girl in the ring
                      Tra la la la la
                      She looks like a sugar in a plum
                      Plum plum
                      Show me your motion
                      Tra la la la la
                      Come on show me your motion
                      Tra la la la la la la
                      Show me your motion
                      Tra la la la la
                      She looks like a sugar in a plum
                      Plum plum
                      All had water run dry
                      Got no way to wash my cloths
                      All had water run dry
                      Got no way to wash my cloths
                      I remember one Saturday night
                      We had fried fish and Johnny-cakes
                      I remember one Saturday night
                      We had fried fish and Johnny-cakes
                      Beng-a-leng
                      Beng-a-leng
                      Brown girl in the ring...
                      We had fried fish and Johnny-cakes
                      All had water run dry
                      Got no way to wash my cloths
                      All had water run dry
                      Got no way to wash my cloths
                      Brown girl in the ring
                      Tra la la la la
                      There's a brown girl in the ring
                      Tra la la la la la la
                      Brown girl in the ring
                      Tra la la la la
                      She looks like a sugar in a plum
                      Plum plum

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                        Or Beck... "Loser"

                        In the time of chimpanzees I was a monkey
                        Butane in my veins and Im out to cut the junkie
                        With the plastic eyeballs, spray-paint the vegetables
                        Dog food stalls with the beefcake pantyhose
                        Kill the headlights and put it in neutral
                        Stock car flamin with a loser and the cruise control
                        Babys in reno with the vitamin d
                        Got a couple of couches, sleep on the love-seat
                        Someone came in sayin Im insane to complain
                        About a shotgun wedding and a stain on my shirt
                        Dont believe everything that you breathe
                        You get a parking violation and a maggot on your sleeve
                        So shave your face with some mace in the dark
                        Savin all your food stamps and burnin down the trailer park

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                          "My head is full of chopstick."


                          They don't get much worse that that.

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                            A mulatto
                            An albino
                            A mosquito
                            My libido

                            (Ah, yes, I can smell the teen spirit just lookin' at those words)
                            Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

                            Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

                            [None]
                            The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: Worst Music Lyrics Ever

                              Originally posted by steamboatpete View Post
                              A mulatto
                              An albino
                              A mosquito
                              My libido

                              (Ah, yes, I can smell the teen spirit just lookin' at those words)
                              It's hard to bargle nawdle zouss with all these marbles in my mouth...
                              -Tim

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X