This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeans shopping is a PITA!

Went to Kohl's today to look for a new pair of jeans. Had to get most of my old ones for various reasons. Replaced them with 3 pairs of Gap jeans (the Long & Lean cut), which I loooove, but they're friggin' expensive. I can get them cheaper at the Gap outlet in Orlando, but that's a 90 minute drive one-way.

I'm 5'7" and on the somewhat skinny side (though I have a bit of tummy pooch I manage to hide well enough). I wear a size 8 (I know... shut up). You'd think finding a pair of jeans for someone like me would be easy, right?

You couldn't be more wrong.

I tried on around 10-15 pairs of jeans of various brands. I hate jeans that sit "at the waist" and I can't stand those super low-rise where everyone can see your butt-crack (nobody needs to see that TMI). I like a nice mid-rise that sits just below the waist or a reasonable low-rise.

After an hour or so of scouring the store and trying things on, I finally found some jeans that fit! They're a brand called Elle. Apparently they're made exclusively for Kohl's. Their bootcut jeans are different from most. Instead of being "curvy" or "slim" in the hip/thigh area, they're more relaxed, which is nice. I hate it when my jeans look painted on. More leg room actually makes your legs look skinnier. And they're that perfect darkwash rinse, which can look dressy or casual, which is a MUST for me. They were regularly $44 on sale for $29.99. Sadly I could only get one pair though.

So what are your jeans shopping horror stories?

Re: Jeans shopping is a PITA!

I'm not really picky about jeans or clothes really...i really hate shopping for most things, but especially clothes.

Comment

Amen Sista!

I am between a 4 and a 6 with a slight belly pooch. Finding good fitting jeans is a nightmare! I will be heading to Kohl's tomorrow (big sale anyway) and check out those jeans you are talking about. Thanks!

Comment

I am tall and have long legs so finding jeans long enough for me is a PAIN. I usually order them from Delias or Alloy b/c they have longer inseams. Even the "Long" jeans in the stores aren't long enough for me

It's kind of fun to do the impossible- Walt Disney

Comment

Originally posted by PrincessY View Post
          Amen Sista!

I am between a 4 and a 6 with a slight belly pooch. Finding good fitting jeans is a nightmare! I will be heading to Kohl's tomorrow (big sale anyway) and check out those jeans you are talking about. Thanks!
          Yeah I'm kinda between a size 6 and a size 8 really. A 6 is too tight and an 8 is a little roomy, but I'll take a little too big over too small.

FYI, the style of those jeans is called "Monaco". They should be ny the other Elle brand stuff in the Misses dept. Good luck!

Comment

I'm wondering if you and me are twins, Aimster. I too am 5'7'' and wear between a 6 and 8. Varies depending on what I wear. Buying jeans can be annoying. It makes it even more annoying since I have a big ol booty and smaller waist. So, if I find a pair that fit great in the butt, they are WAY too loose in the waist. Find a pair that fit in the waist? Will never be able to sit down, they are so tight in the butt. The best pair I have are actually JLo's jeans. Fit like a glove. LOVE those things. I got them at Sear's on sale for like, $14. Have been hoping to catch another sale like that.

Comment

I have a huge problem jeans shopping because I'm extremely long waisted, have a long torso,and it's impossible to find anything that doesn't show crack. So when I go jeans shopping I'm always bending down, moving around, doing yoga-esque poses to see if I feel a breeze.

I'm liking the Personify-sp?- jeans from QVC, a pair of Mossimo (a little crack shown but I wear A-line tanks under my shirts to cover), and I had a wonderful pair of dark demin Arizona jeans, that bit the dust last year. I've seen the Lee custom fit which look interesting.

Comment

My problem is short legs with a long torso. Jeans for Juniors are made for girls with long legs, so i'm constantly tripping over my pant legs, even if they are skinny jeans, and short is too short. Plus most jeans, no matter the size or brand, are too big in the back of the waist so I have to have a belt when they fit fine.
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I hate clothes shopping. I am bigger on the bottom half and smaller up top, so dresses are a no go. I'm also only 5' tall and overweight. I have found the Venetia jeans with the tummy control panel from Lane Bryant fit the best.
                  :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                  Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post

I'm 5'7" and on the somewhat skinny side (though I have a bit of tummy pooch I manage to hide well enough). I wear a size 8 (I know... shut up).
                    And this, would be where I lost my compassion! :lol:

Comment

I'm a bit of a jeans princess. I only buy designer brands. They're better quality denim and last a long time. Usually I just go to Nordstroms Rack, Loehmanns or Marshalls. When I had a full time job I used to just buy them full price at Nordstrom. I'm 5'8" with around a 27" waist. Finding designer jeans and pants to fit is a breeze. If I tried cheaper brands, I'd have a harder time. I also really like Abercrombie jeans. I Love the feel of a good denim.

Facebook me!
                      Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

I've had no luck with designer brands. They're usually cut so small a size 10 would fit Kate Moss. And so long... I could make a pair of capris with the extra length.

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                          I've had no luck with designer brands. They're usually cut so small a size 10 would fit Kate Moss.
                          Funny. I find just the opposite. I have to buy the smaller size for designer clothes in general. So my Calvin Klein jeans are a 4. But my Kohl's jeans are a 6.

Comment

yes. that's the good thing with designer jeans. They are cut smaller. I LOVE my calvin klein jean skirt....size 2......~giggle~

Comment

I shop for jeans at Nordstrom Rack only now. I've gotten many pairs of Joe's, True Religions, and Sevens there. I try to buy one new pair quarterly, so I figure that's maybe $33/month for jeans? The good stuff never goes out of style and they last forever...or until my big butt grows out of them, so I think of them as an investment.

Can't wear Gap now. I've been ruined for four years now by the good stuff....I find that I need a bit more, um, support, than I can get with Gap jeans, now that I'm no size 8.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X