This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it worth it?

I have been using powder/cream foundation for many years, but want to know, is using the mineral foundations like Bare Minerals worth it? i know they are supposed to be good for your skin and it gives the skin a more natural look. Any recommendations are greatly welcome.
    "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Re: Is it worth it?

Yes! Bare Minerals.
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Yes, totally worth it! There's a bunch of devoted Bare Minerals fans here. Welcome, and feel free to ask questions.
      A signature should go here.

Comment

yes, bare minerals is awesome.

Comment

100% worth it!!
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

Totally completely worth it.

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I'm the odd one out. I've tried mineral makeup and haven't liked it at all. I didn't like the coverage. But, then...I have REALLY oily skin.

Comment

Bare Minerals is awesome.

Comment

Yes!

Comment

Originally posted by Stitchy View Post
                    I'm the odd one out. I've tried mineral makeup and haven't liked it at all. I didn't like the coverage. But, then...I have REALLY oily skin.
                    i have really oily skin also. I also tend to get red cheeks and it covers VERY well.

Comment

Its worth it to me. However, i'm too cheap to spend on bare minerals when I can get the same thing for less by Physician's Formula as a kit for $20 at Target. On the other hand, I spent what I saved on a fantastic cream concealer by Chanel to go with it.
                      Shopping:
                      1. www.disneystore.com
                      2. "Disneyland Delivears" (800) 362-4533, dldelivears@disney.com
                      3. Convert Best Buy CC points into Disney Gift Cards
                      4. Convert Disney CC points into Disneyland Tickets

Comment

Yeah...It's worth it...
                        Music is my LIFE!!!

Comment

Originally posted by rooby View Post
                          Its worth it to me. However, i'm too cheap to spend on bare minerals when I can get the same thing for less by Physician's Formula as a kit for $20 at Target. On the other hand, I spent what I saved on a fantastic cream concealer by Chanel to go with it.
                          I've tried the drugstore brands and they do not compare to Bare Minerals. The coverage isn't as good, the product smells kind of funky (the L'Oreal kind smells a little like sulfur and I've gotten a few zits from it). It's ok if you're in a bind, but if you want good makeup and good coverage that won't break out your skin, go with the real deal, Bare Minerals, all the way. $25 is pricey for foundation, but that jar lasts 2-3 months and a little goes a loooong way because you only use it where you need it to even out your skin tone. It doesn't feel like you're wearing anything at all, it's water resistent (not water proof... that's a different ballgame) and if you have oily skin, the Mineral Veil will help absorb the excess oil to give you a more matte/airbrushed finish. And if you still have oil issues.... those little blue Clean & Clear oil absorbing papers are awesome. They don't mess up your makeup and they work better than the more expensive brands.

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                            i have really oily skin also. I also tend to get red cheeks and it covers VERY well.
                            my main problem is a few acne scars that are deep red. It's tremendously hard to cover them up. The only product I have found that makes me truly happy....is Physician's Formula cover up pen. It's liquid cover up and comes in a pen...so, it's easy to control the amount, and area it covers.

Comment

I love the mineral make up. I've used Mary Kay's and it's like $18 for it. I've also used Mica Bella...very expensive. It does cover really well too.
                              :ap: AP Holder. :ap:
                              Stay at home mom of 4 - Austin, Tyler, Sierra and Ashlyn.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X