This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Years Expectations?

Many people start off the new year with a fresh list of "New Years Resolutions", of things that they wish to be accomplished. I like to call them "New Years Expectations" because I expect and strive to and accomplish. What do all you ladies have on your lists this upcoming year? Anyone else with me on losing some lbs?

- Be on FB less
    - Get a job
    - Be in one play at my school (?)
    - Get a life (whatever that means or entails)
    - Lose about 10 pounds and get fit
    - Try and be more health conscious
    - Open myself up to new things and take more chances

"Well I don't know about you folks, but it's way past my bedtime."

Re: New Years Expectations?

- Get a life (whatever that means or entails)
    LOL - If you don't know what it means, then don't make it a resolution!

I personally don't make resolutions. Sure, the new year might signify fresh starts for some, but I try to live each and every day of my life that way.

Comment

I don't do New Year's Resolutions anymore because I never stick to them. More power to you who actually manage to!

Comment

Mine are to get anew job, which will happen in one way or another. And losing weight too, hopefully the Wii fit will help! Eating more healthily too.
        Good morning, son
        In twenty years from now
        Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
        And I can tell you 'bout today
        And how I picked you up and everything changed
        It was pain
        Sunny days and rain
        I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

I don't make resolutions. Too much pressure. And I don't really have expectations. Too easy to be disappointed.

So I guess for the New Year, I want to just take life one day at a time and hope for the best.

My main goal is to get more organized so I'll have time again for ballet and the gym . And I 'm looking forward to my twins graduating fro college in June. But that creates another goal of getting their student loans paid off and them getting really good jobs.

Comment

Christmas resolutions are very easy to make, and very easy to keep if you have good control........... most times I do.I have several this year, and I think its always good to make a plan and stick to it, even if its boring there usually good for me :lol:
            -------------------------------------------
            I miss dole whips......... can someone mail me one??

Comment

my boyfriend made me get one: clean my room.

but i also have get a gym membership and use it, and also get a job hahaha
              Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
              You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
              Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Jobs are hard to come by lately. I must have applied to 12 places in the last couple of months and none are hiring. At this point, I'm out of ideas...

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
                  I don't make resolutions. Too much pressure. And I don't really have expectations. Too easy to be disappointed.

So I guess for the New Year, I want to just take life one day at a time and hope for the best.
                  I couldn't have said it any better.

I just want a happy and healthy year, without the pressure of making any resolutions and whatnot.

~Lianna~

Comment

Well, this year's been tough for me, but I've discovered I want to be myself and be a better person, and really not hide how Disney obsessed I am anymore because it's part of who I am. It's not much of a resolution, but I just want to stick to that and try to become a better person and do better in school, and I start High School next year so I want to keep my grades up then. =)

Comment

Originally posted by ♥disney.princess♥ View Post
                      Well, this year's been tough for me, but I've discovered I want to be myself and be a better person, and really not hide how Disney obsessed I am anymore because it's part of who I am. It's not much of a resolution, but I just want to stick to that and try to become a better person and do better in school, and I start High School next year so I want to keep my grades up then. =)
                      Those are great! Hiding our Disney obsessions just isn't healthy Flaunt it!!!

Comment

Well I started my resoultion even before the new year..which was to lose weight not for vanity reasons, but more for the fact that I have discovered recently in both sides of my family , there are many health issues (some really bad) and that discovery alone made me do something to make me a better healthier person. Many of the illiness are preventable, so I already accomplished the first step, recognizing I have a problem with weight and second that I'm headed for the right direction in making my health my prioityl.
                        "Your dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." Walt Disney

[

Comment

These are all great goals and hopes. I hope that each of you reach them and have a better year than this one. Cheers!

Comment

I want to save more money. Which should be easy considering I live at home and don't have very many expenses but... yeah. So this morning I got paid and put half my paycheck in my savings account. Hopefully that'll help. I want to buy a house.

Comment

I'm looking forward to my first full year of retirement. The biggest surprise of 2009 was finding myself in a financial position to retire two years earlier than planned. If I remain in good health, I should be able to put a few more miles on the bike. I might be able to squeeze in a little travel, too.

I could stand to lose a few pounds (10 would be nice), but I'm ok with staying around 155, as it's in the "normal" range for my height.

No doubt there will be surprises for 2010, some good, others not so. Like Buttercup, I plan to take each day as it comes and see where it leads.
                              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X