This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Girlie" Advice

This may seem random to some, but I figured why not give it a shot? I have an upcoming trip to Disneyland around the corner and suddenly rain is the big weather prediction. So I was wondering what all the other gals (and guys, I don't discriminate) use to keep their make-up in place at Disneyland?

I don't wear a ton of make-up (if it's too wet I'll just go without), but I adore eyeshadow primer and "tube" mascaras (neither Splash Mountain nor Grizzly River Run will faze those suckers!). I'm sure there will be tons of pictures taken, so I'd prefer to wear something without ending up looking like a wreck at the end of the day.

Anyone else know what I'm talking about? That "Disneyland Make-up"?

Thanks!

Re: "Girlie" Advice

I wear my normal make-up and it never comes off. Bare minerals and either bare minerals mascara or bad girl mascara.

In the summer the heat will cause my eye shadow to crease. In that case I just wear a primer and all is good.

Comment

Re: "Girlie" Advice

Yup, I just wear my normal make-up (usually something from Sephora) and primer. It stays on just fine even in the rain(:
      sigpic...After a YEAR I finally was able to figure out my password again! I'm baaack! Woohoo!(:
      Disney is my life <3
      Thank Walt for all he did! <3
      Future Imagineer <3
      Keep Disney the way Walt intended it!!

Comment

Re: &quot;Girlie&quot; Advice

Yea...um...I stick to whatever this guy wears....:lol:

NOT.

Comment

The last time I went to DLR and it rained, I kept my hood up when I was outside so my makeup didn't instantly wash away. I decided to skip out on the mascara though. I hate making multiple trips to the restroom just to make sure I don't look like a crazed lady with smudged mascara streaming down my face .

I do believe in fairies. I do. I do.

Comment

my fiance wears mac, so i guess u can get it there.

i tried to call her but she didnt answer her cell just now...

i guess theres some kinda makeup u can put on ur face & it turns all ur make up waterproof.

(& if that isnt a GUYS answer to make up, i dont know what is)
            The Original LOST BOY

Comment

Waterproof mascara always works well of course. Since you're talking about rain, anything waterproof would help.

Comment

I am so glad I don't wear makeup. I wish you the best of luck!
                DisneyTwins
                Since May 2003

Comment

Eyeshadow Primer... works wonders. My eyeshadow usually stays on all day long @ Dland... even in the rain! =)

and hey! No making fun of Adam! I know him!

Comment

Originally posted by Elphiero View Post
                    Eyeshadow Primer... works wonders. My eyeshadow usually stays on all day long @ Dland... even in the rain! =)

and hey! No making fun of Adam! I know him!
                    My point of poking fun at Mr. Lambert is that a guy like me, is never going to get caught wearing makeup like that, or makeup at all for that matter. It's just absurd, and for fun..nothing harmful about it.

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                      My point of poking fun at Mr. Lambert is that a guy like me, is never going to get caught wearing makeup like that, or makeup at all for that matter. It's just absurd, and for fun..nothing harmful about it.
                      Most guys don't wear make-up. Some do. I don't want to discount advice from anyone just because of their gender.

Comment

Originally posted by MainSreetJake View Post
                        lol okay...

...although I will admit he has always done his makeup better than I do... its kinda shameful lol

Comment

To be honest I dont wear make-up to the parks, if anything a little whip of mascara and lip gloss.
                          When your excited/having fun, your face naturally lights up. You dont need to be worried about looking like a wreck at disneyland, if your wearing tons of makeup than I can see that you'll always be checking your face just to make sure nothing runs...

my opinion dont worry about it, just have fun

Comment

When it rains, I wear hat I hate getting rain drops on my glasses. Bonus that it keeps my makeup in check!
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by CinderellaStory View Post
                              Most guys don't wear make-up. Some do. I don't want to discount advice from anyone just because of their gender.
                              This is true. And I think it was wise you added guys in there. In this day and age, you just never know anymore. it's kinda sad, actually..

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X