This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Classroom parties.....

Anyone else have kiddo's who have classroom parties this Friday or Monday?

My kids get to dress up this year(first time EVER at school for Ky)and do a parade and then they're both having parties. They are bringing treat bags with gummy body parts, and other various gummy treats, Halloween erasers/pencils and of course Spider rings for the 1st grader bags

Shawn's class is also getting a celebration on Monday! Not a full celebration but they are doing a lot of crafts and then going end the days with a movie. And it's a min. day to boot!(actually min. days all week, its conference week)

Anyone else getting treats together for classrooms?

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Re: Classroom parties.....

Not that we know of... yet. Stupid boring school district :lol: But Amber is going to her first school dance on Friday night and it's a Mardi Gras theme so they can wear masks and whatnot but not really costumes.

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
    — Mark Twain

Comment

My daughter has the day off school on Halloween! She's really disappointed because at her private school where she went the past three years, they always had a costume parade and a big carnival at night.

AllAglow - Your daughter has a GREAT name!!! (That's my first name too by the way, LOL)

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
      Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
      Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Originally posted by All Aglow
        Not that we know of... yet. Stupid boring school district :lol: But Amber is going to her first school dance on Friday night and it's a Mardi Gras theme so they can wear masks and whatnot but not really costumes.
        OMG I can't believe she's "dance age" just scary

Just remind her that she has a fiancee' in California

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

I'm not but my sister is! :yea:

She's going as the wicked witch! :lol: (My mom thinks I should borrow her costume!)

Anywhoo, they have a big parade and get craploads of candy ... lucky little bi .... eautiful girl!
          Originally posted by drunkmom
          this is my first buzzed post in the DMCA -- I'm really in this club because I'm a bitch more than anything. I've only had to hit the backspace 4 (oops, make that 5) times in (now 7) in this (now 9) (now 15) in this post! Damn, now I'm up to 18! Our neighbors were (19) (20) making tequilla sunrises. I thought I couldn't do tequilla (22) anymore but (24) this stuff (26) was good! It started (27) with an s

Comment

Wolfette has a class party on Friday, I volunteered for the plates and cups, so no big deal.

On Monday her school is having a Fall Festival from 4PM till 8PM, games, crafts, candy etc. She's decided on being a witch, so she can't dress up for the festival (will just keep her uniform on), then we'll head home so she can drive the neighbors nuts.....getting candy for the Wolfman and I!
            Mom, remember, it's not what a person is like on the outside that counts,
            it's what they are like in their HEART!

- Wolfette

Comment

Originally posted by a_hyperbole
              My daughter has the day off school on Halloween! She's really disappointed because at her private school where she went the past three years, they always had a costume parade and a big carnival at night.
              Oh that sucks!

My boys had their big Fall Carnival last Friday night. They had a bounce house, Bounce slide, giant slide and tons of booths to play games at. They had a blast! I got to "paint hair" for 3 hours, woo hoo! LOL

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                Oh that sucks!

My boys had their big Fall Carnival last Friday night. They had a bounce house, Bounce slide, giant slide and tons of booths to play games at. They had a blast! I got to "paint hair" for 3 hours, woo hoo! LOL
                Somehow I always got saddled with running the ring toss booth... every stinking year!

I think my kid will get over the carnival thing. They did "Family Fun Night" at school a couple of weeks ago, and it was very much like the Fall Carnival at her old school. The theme was "Ohana" and they showed Lilo and Stitch on the hand ball wall, had hawaiian dancers and the local hawaiian bbq place catered... it was awesome.

Mmmmmm hawaiian bbq. I want some for dinner now!

Originally posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
                Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Originally posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
                Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

Comment

Kids always love those parties, but as a (former) teacher, Halloween is a day to dread. So don't miss those parties although I do have fond memories of them.

Comment

Yippee. We have a party on Friday and two on Monday. PLUS, I get to go to the pumpkin patch (again) tomorrow. Yippee. Do I sound excited??? Woohoo.

I'm working on the party goodies....we're doing 100% healthy in one class, a potluck at night in another class, and whatever in another class. I like the whatever class....cause I'm in charge of that one! :lol:

I feel your pain, everyone!

Comment

Bailey and Kat have costume parade at school Monday AM..then classroom parties to follow...with the move, etc...I totally forgot to call the home room mom and offer my assistance! I know she's thinking...geesh!

I'm sure I'll send something...but today I just didn't feel like shopping for goodie bags!
                      Us girls, we're so magical.
                      Soft skin, red lips, so kissable.
                      Hard to resist, so touchable.
                      Too good to deny it.
                      Ain't no big deal, it's innocent. :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                        I got to "paint hair" for 3 hours, woo hoo! LOL
                        Originally posted by a_hyperbole
                        Somehow I always got saddled with running the ring toss booth... every stinking year!
                        I got roped into running the bounce house this coming Saturday for the daycare Fall Festival... what sucks is that I'm the ONLY one on the sign-up sheet so far. :rant:

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth."
                        — Mark Twain

Comment

OK tonight was my son's teacher confrence...and I asked about the party on monday, because I haven't been called to bring anything yet, and he said I don't know???? What the......!!! He is a new teacher to the area, and he thought that the party was going to take care of itself!! He didn't know who the room mother was....or anything. I had to explain it to him. He should have picked a room mother at the beginning of the year, and gave her a list of people who were willing to volunteer. Now it is going on thursday and noone has been contacted yet! Grrrr...I hope his incompetence doesn't ruin the party for the kids. I can bake cupcakes and bring cups and napkins and juice, but I can't do everything. We should have planned crafts and goody bags by now. I hope other parents will jump on this also..poor kids

Comment

The Boy's teacher has a "no party" policy. The school district does not allow halloween parties, so it isn't like they would miss out on anything. Last year they had their fall carnival this week and the kids could wear their costumes, but nothing this year.

Comment

Our town has a "Halloween Parade" on Sunday. After the parade our local food store donates bags filled with chips, juice boxes, candy and treats to all that participate. We've been going the last 9 years that we've lived here and the kids love it.

On Monday their school has a parade at 1:00 and then they'll have their parties when they get back in for the rest of the afternoon. The teachers don't allow any parents to come in to help (only in Kindergarten) They feel that they have more control over the kids when a mom/dad/guardian isn't there to help hand out things, etc.... It also makes the younger kids whose parents work feel bad that their mom/dad/guard. isn't there.

After school the kids will go trick-or-treating in the neighborhood for a little while but then we'll go to the school's annual "Trunk-or-Treat". You have to register your car with the school a few weeks before Halloween, if you do NOT have the permit to enter the school parking lot they will NOT let you in. Everyone decorates the trunk of their car and the kids go trunk to trunk for their treats. It's a lot of fun and it keeps it nice a safe for the little ones. We usually have 125+ families so they get more than enough candy, chips and juice boxes.

The PTA also sets up a station with beverages, cakes and cookies. We could charge an admission fee like some schools and then the kids could get hot dogs and sodas but we would rather it not be a fundraiser in fear that half the people won't participate

Happy Halloween Everyone
                              ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X