This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally- Merchandise with ALL the princesses

I went to the Disney store the other day (actually, the Disney store outlet, so maybe I'm the last to discover this) and to my wonder, they had a bunch of merchandise with ALL THE PRINCESSES. By all of them, I mean all of the relatively well-known ones: Snow White, Aurora, Cinderella, Belle, Ariel, Jasmine, Pocahontas, Mulan, Tiana, and Rapunzel. When they started incorporating Tiana on merchandise, I got really excited, but it seemed like they would always remove a different minority princess to add another. Now they have stuff with ALL the princesses. <3 Yay!

Re: Finally- Merchandise with ALL the princesses

Mulan's not a Princess though. I really wish they would remove her from that line.

Comment

Well, I've heard her princess status argued as follows:
      At the end of the movie, she gets the crest of the emperor, which supposedly gives her some status. Whether that's true or not, I don't know. It still doesn't quite make her a princess, a problem which is further complicated in the sequel, which involves the princesses of China (I didn't know China had princesses :/) But still, I like her alongside the other princesses, technicality or no.

Comment

I like the variety of merch they had to choose from! (And, I still consider Mulan to be in line with all the other princesses (-
        Counting down to Gumball Rally!!
        Who doesn't love NAPS?!?

Comment

Mulan is certainly the exception, because it does look as though she earned her rank whereas the others are princesses by birth or marriage.

But mostly, it's that the American perception is princess=King's daughter, prince's wife or both. It certainly referred to aristocracy but not necessarily royalty- that owning a principality allowed one to go by 'prince'. principalityoflamballe.tk just read the history part
          my website: http://creamcheesealchemy.com

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X