This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sore Muscles and Feet After a Day at DLR

I figured the GGs would have better tips, since so many guys are product-phobic.

I'll share if you will. My survival aids:

1. Biofreeze (a super-penetrating menthol gel available from massage therapists and chiropractors) for achy leg and shoulder muscles. I'm addicted to this stuff.

2. Bliss Softening Socks used in conjunction with Bliss Foot Patrol (or Bliss Sock Salve) for tired feet. I thought the Softening Socks were really stupid until someone gave me a pair. Cost is a drawback, especially since the requisite trip to Sephora is bound to more dangerous for you gals' wallets than for me. There's also foot soak by Fresh that's truly excellent. I must be a salesperson's dream client...I can be talked into anything. (So I must retract the comment about your wallets.) But some of this stuff is pretty darn good!

3. Generic Ibuprofen (at least this one is cheap)

What are your remedies for "park pain"?

Does being a product junkie make me less manly? But at 6'2" and 210 lbs., I'm not going to lose any sleep over the matter. (Only MC seems to be making me lose sleep...yikes, it's almost 1:00 am here.) 'Night, all.
    An Enchanted Tiki Room practically in my back yard:
    www.TheTikiTerrace.com

Re: Sore Muscles and Feet After a Day at DLR

Alcohol. Preferably rum. Pusser's Rum if you can get it. Mixed in Coke, of course.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

Comment

I don't notice pain when occupied. After a whole day of walking at the park, and back at my room, I take a nice long bath.

Comment

I train for months prior. Seriously. My partner and I walk every other day and then hit the treadmill. As the poem goes, "miles to go before I sleep."

But of course, I train anyways for different reasons.

Peace,
        Roo
        husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

That BioFreeze is some good stuff. It works very well for my DH when his back is in pain. I just it was sold in drug stores.
          Amanda
          Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

I go home, take 2 Tylenol and go to bed. Then a hot shower the next morning seems to make everything feel fine again.

Comment

Walking long distances doesn't bother me.

Comment

Advil.
                Then groaning every time I have to get up from my chair at work.
                Good morning, son
                In twenty years from now
                Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                And I can tell you 'bout today
                And how I picked you up and everything changed
                It was pain
                Sunny days and rain
                I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

for a multiple day trip, its always good to bring 2 pairs of comfortable shoes and alterante days so one pair has a chance to cool off/dry out. Also sleeping with an extra pillow under your feet to elevate them works for me.
                  {:
                  MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

One word................... Crocs!!!!
                    they are so cushiony that your legs feel great and your feet dont hurt.

Comment

I just a take a Motrin that night before I go to bed. It helps reduce the swelling in your feet and ankles during the night, and I wake up the next day without any of the pains that usually accompany a day at Disneyland.

Comment

Band-aid blister bandaids are great. They help give protection to blisters already formed. Especially helpful for WDW.

I noticed at Mouse Adventure that by having shoes that fit correctly plus cushiony socks helped a ton.

Water, water, water. Stay away from caffeine as it will only make you more dehydrated.

Roo has it right - walk a bit every day or so leading up to a trip. It will help your stamina over the course of the trip.

I found that giving my feet a chance to rest and going swimming helped a lot too.
                        Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                        I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Soaking in your hotel room's jacuzzi tub works wonders too...
                          Amanda
                          Just remember without a well written Disney Villain, there would be no point in the Heroes and the Princesses. Have you hugged a Disney Villain today? :love:

Comment

my legs and feet dont; usually hurt from a day or two in the park, but it depends on the speed I walk. If I walk at a slower than my normal pace I'm fine....if I walk my fast pace all day I will have sore legs, but I don't take anything for it. It's not unbearable and it goes away in a day or two.

Comment

You'd think with all the bike riding I do, my legs wouldn't get sore from walking around DL. But they do! I just bear it, maybe take ibuprofen, and I'm fine pretty quickly.
                              Have bicycle, will ride. Finished 2012 with 10,089 miles, 683 hours, and 482,000 feet of elevation gain.
                              2013: 201 rides, 8171 miles, 544 hours, 480K feet.
                              2014 so far: 7846 miles, 451,000 feet
                              sigpic

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X