This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• someone rescue me!

It all started out innocently enough..my teenaged son...not liking the chaos that has ensued at his first job, getting a callback from another place he applied at...deciding that would be a better environment..

It looks so innocent there....open beams...plenty of natural light...wonderful relaxing music...seemingly innocent smiling faces looking your way asking if you would "like anything else".

It's DANGEROUS! DANGEROUS I tell you! you think you can handle it...you think you can just sit in the car outside the door...waiting to drop off or pick up your kid...but NO!:blink: I swear they have blowers that make the fresh baked odors permeate outside...curling up its cartoonish finger in a smoke like manner..right under your nose...and this subliminal voice cooing.."come innnnnn come innnnnnn we have fresh baked goodies waiting just for youuuuuuu".
    This job of sam's is turning into a serous threat to my waistline!!!
    I can do without ice cream...sweets...candy...but get me around breads....ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh lord have mercy on my soul!!!
    So my dears...as I inevitably increase in size...when i'm not around here...you can find me parked outside Panera Bread...in a trancelike state...walking zombie like into the inviting double doors..and muttering words like...Artisan Three Cheese..Asiago cheese...cinnamon raisin...Tomato Basil...cinnamon crunch bagel...French Toast Bagel.......
    the place is EVIL i tell you!:judge: , they should post warning labels outside the window...NO! nevermind..once you're near the window it's too late...the warning signs should be before you enter the shopping center! Better yet...search lights! and airplanes with banner warnings!
    "Entering of this site will result in the vanishing of any form of willpower you ever thought you once had!"

AAAARRRGGGHHH!!!

don't let the innocent images fool you! :lol:

Re: someone rescue me!

:lmao: OMG Pixy you crack me up!!!

I too am a Panera nut! Mmmm mmmm mmmm!
    ~~~:ap:~~~

Comment

sorry pixywings I aint going in to pull you out, cuz lord knows the world would never see us again...
      Come to the dark side,
      we have cookies.

Comment

I've never been there. But, I'm a bread nut, too. Plus, a sweet nut, a pastry nut, a donut nut.....ooooo...another favorite thing about going to WDW...Dunkin Donuts in Orlando (we don't have them here)..oooooo. I SO could not work there. They would have to butter me and roll me out the door. Oh!! And esp. those with the Baskin Robbins joined with Dunkin Donuts??? Not good!!! That's my kryptonite. I could see it now...."one donut for you...two for me. One ice cream cone for you...waffle cone for me."...yep, not good!!

Comment

Oooh, now I have to go find one of those. I love good baked products!
          I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

Your son works at Panera and you are complaining! He might be bringing his work home with him!

:: My name is PrincessY and I am a Bread-a-holic::

Comment

Mmmmmmmmmm... Panera! I eat there a lot myself. I love their chicken caesar salad! I really loved their chicken carsar SANDWICH but they don't make it anymore (boo!). A friend of mine loves the smokehouse turkey sandwich (he orders it almost every time we go). The cookies and muffins and other pastries from the bakery rock 10 ways to Sunday.

Don't even get me started on Dunkin Donuts. We get donuts and bagels from there every now and then at work. YUM! I love Krispy Kreme donuts too, but I saw they closed the one by me when I went to renew my driver's license this morning. I was like WTF? I kept meaning to stop there but I never did. Now I'm kicking myself.

Comment

I'm not supposed to like Panera, according to my managers at work, because they are our enemy, and they are across the street. I work at a deli resturant, a similar-style to Panera, same soups, alot of the same kind of sandwhiches, salads, fresh-baked cookies, deserts (which are alright, but none that appeal to me), huge spuds.....My mom complains the way you do Pixie...she loves the food where I work, and when I bring a sandwhich or spud home for a lunch or dinner, she has to "test it" to make sure it's ok, and end up eating half of it!
                I've never been a big panera fan, it's the smell of Dunkin Donuts that gets me. How I wish we had a close one, or at least a place that sold Maple Donuts, we have no Krispie Kreme and the grocery stores no longer carry Maple

When I was younger and my mom and I would drive to Arden Fair Mall, as we neared the Wonder Bread factory, we would roll down our windows and you could smell them baking.....heavenly....
                Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

When I was younger and my mom and I would drive to Arden Fair Mall, as we neared the Wonder Bread factory, we would roll down our windows and you could smell them baking.....heavenly....
                  I do the same thing when I'm driving through downtown Orlando when I go by the Merita bread factory. YUMMY! I love bread!

Comment

Um, I married a baker (today, as a matter of fact...four years ago!)...let's just say it motivates me to go to the gym a bit more frequently.

You have several options.

1.) Eat.

2.) Duct tape your kid to a wall until he decides to go elsewhere.

3.) Eat with your family, using baked good.

4.) Duct tape your mouth shut.

If you would like, several of us here at MC are completely jealous, I mean, hear to help you. We are more then willing to eat any and all food put forth--taking that burden off of you.

No need to beg.

Peace,
                    Roo
                    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

Comment

HAhahHAHahHA~ this thread has been fun..i luv you guys!
                      oh...and here's one to elicit a collective gasp.... I dont' have a Dunkin Donuts anywhere that I know of around here! okay..be my friend and DON'T look one up okay?! haha!

Comment

Pixywingz, your posts always make me smile. Thank you yet again for making my day.
                        As nice as the other parks are, we must always remember that it all began at Disneyland. Disneyland should be the crown jewel in the Disney crown.

Comment

I've never eaten at this place, is it good? *sarcasm*

:mob:

Comment

Never been there, but after this thread I checked the website and neeed to try it out!! Yum

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by dsnylndmom
                              Never been there, but after this thread I checked the website and neeed to try it out!! Yum
                              me too! evil bread!
                              MCDA - A Healthier, Happier Me!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X