This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New Year's Resolutions

Inspired by I luv Disney's post I wanted to get a thread going about everyone's resolutions!

I want to get healthy. Losing weight is part of it but I've got my goal set on having a healthy lifestyle. I want to be able to start thinking about a child around this time next year (just THINKING) but I want to be ready for that consideration when it comes. My birth wasn't all that easy and I don't want to be the indirect cause of any problems for my baby.

I also want to grow a little more spiritually now that I have more free time, too.

So there's mine.
    "But every night, when it gets dark
    and the stars come out,
    I'll look up on her behalf.
    I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Re: New Year's Resolutions

Oh Cool Tracecub...

For me Im gonna be nice to my coworkers.
    Some say i have a slick tounge and say such mean things but thats only because it gets me through the day. Iknow bad excuse but hey you work with annoying people it will have you cursing like a sailor or even worse
    but as they say want respect give respect..

Next will be my weight.. Gonna pick a plan and stick to it.
    My goal is 50 lbs current is 208lbs yeah i said 208 the first step is too
    being upfront and Im okay with that. Ive been inspired with the biggest loser show and know in my heart it can be done even the people that went home to continue did it without trainers. I was really impressed.
    I will post some progress but not reveal until I get close to my goal.
    So I'll make sure i'll have my before and after pictures before I post..

Make amends with family...

And to also add my driver license yeah I dont have one but never had the need for one until now. It tends to be a burden on hubby not having it so im goona do that as well...
    Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

my main resolution is to lose weight I want to lose about 50 lbs or so.. and also to get into shape again (going to start walking/ jogging again) and then of course to QUIT smoking

Friends for life

Comment

I want to try to jog or run. Broke my leg in March, so I literally can't run to save my own life ... literally. I laugh at that statement, but it won't be funny when the time comes when I would need to run.

And, I'm on board with everybody else in that I do need to eat better and get out more. When I broke my leg I was pretty much trapped in my parent's house (and they are healthy eaters). I had NO fast food, sodas, or sweets for two months - I lost 30 lbs. just sitting on my butt doing nothing! Now ... if I can just stay away from the bad foods that I indulge in every once in a while now that I can get around ... I'd be doing ok.

Comment

I resolve to not make any resolutions.

Comment

This is totally not a burn on people that make New Years resolutions and I think it's great when people resolve to make lifestyle changes to improve themselves. But...make sure you're really going to do it! Make it a commitment that's gonna last. I've been a regular Gym-goer at the local 24 Hour Fitness for two and a half years, and the first 4-6 weeks of each year the gym is ridiculously packed. After we get about halfway through February it drops back to the usual people. I was joking about it with one of the trainers the other day, and he said that their membership surges around New Years, and then drops around Feb/March. From a business end they do have a net gain with the people that stick with their lose weight resolution, but the vast majority of the new memberships cancel pretty quick.

So...if you're gonna make a New Years resolution...make it a good one, and make it stick!

Comment

So... what are you implying?
              "But every night, when it gets dark
              and the stars come out,
              I'll look up on her behalf.
              I'll look up in the sky and think of you."

Comment

Originally posted by aimster View Post
                I resolve to not make any resolutions.
                :lmao:

Comment

My Resolution is to hide out when they pass out more pink slips and outsource more jobs for quality.

Comment

To get to Disneyland at LEAST once!
                    To go to Hawaii in September with my family.
                    To get a big TV.
                    To not be such a whiner at work.
                    To get a raise.
                    To quit smoking.
                    And of course, lose that nasty weight!!
                    sigpic
                    Elsa's and Anna's
                    Disneyland Dec 2014

Comment

exercise
                      actually do a decent job at my housewifeness
                      read more

Comment

I don't do resolutions.....

Comment

Walk more often

Get a job

get a guy (ha!)

Comment

To stop worrying about the past so much and focus on the future.
                            "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                              I don't do resolutions.....
                              Then why the Hell post about it in a thread asking what peoples resolutions are? Perhaps you were looking for the thread entitled, "Do you do Resolutions?"

My resolution is to have a girlfriend, and be married with 6 kids by the end of the year.

I will take applications (by lovely ladies) via PM.
                              What an idiot....

Yeah, I do that Twitter thing.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X