• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mamabot
    Rally Vixen
    MiceChat Administrator
    • Jan 2005

Beauty Products That Don't Work

After trying a new product over the weekend, I thought it might be nice for the Gibson Girls to share advice on products that did not work for them.

My bad experiece was with the Philosophy Candy Cane Body Souffle. I received this gift set for Christmas. I love the lip balm and the 3-in-1 is pretty good, but the body souffle was an interesting experience.

I have been trying to be better about putting lotion on after a shower. I tried the body souffle for the first time. By the time I was done applying it, my skin was warm and cool at the same time. I had planned on leaving the house but I was so uncomfortable that I stayed home an hour longer so that the sensation would go away. It might be a good thing on a hot day, but definitely not on a cold windy day.

Do you have any products you would recommend people not buy?
    Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
    I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!
  • mousercise
    MiceChatter
    • Sep 2006

Comment

• I Heart Disneyland
      Banned User
      • Aug 2005

Re: Beauty Products That Don't Work

I'm not a huge fan of any liquid foundation. I use Lancome dual control powder and it's amazing. I dislike the feeling of liquid foundation.

Also, I'm not nuts about Philosophy Birthday Cake bath gel/shampoo combo.

(I love Bliss, on the other hand.)

Comment

• bananabelle
        MiceChatter
        • Jan 2007

To be honest, no more MAC Studio Fix Foundation for me. It was horrible for my skin! It broke me out and now I've switched to Bare Minerals... When I need foundation anyway coz now my skin has improved so I don't always need foundation. =D
        Disneyland Photos:
        01.02.2006 (facebook album)
        02.25.2006 - Totally random trip
        Spring break 2006 - WALT DISNEY WORLD (also has some random spring break pics in)
        08.01.2006 -Club 33 trip!
        My first MC trip report!
        More to come, of course! =D

Deluxe Annual Pass purchased - 12.09.2006

Comment

• NeverNeverland
          Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

Against the grain, it's the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - it might be the type (I use the reddish kind) but it feels so... slimy. And when I put it on, it's like I didn't. It disappears into nothing. So much money for such a little thing. And it suer doesn't cover anything up very well. I like Bare Mineral's a lot better.
          Good morning, son
          In twenty years from now
          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
          And I can tell you 'bout today
          And how I picked you up and everything changed
          It was pain
          Sunny days and rain
          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
            MiceChatter
            • Aug 2005

Slim Fast ..who in the world can drink two of those a day and only eat one meal per day?! I want to chew my calories , not drink them! If it's between drinking that crap or eating real food and exercising to lose weight, I'll go with the latter!

Sorry..does that count as a beauty product?

Comment

• Mom2dzneboys
              Feeling LOVED
              • Nov 2006

Originally posted by Princess Buttercup View Post
              Slim Fast ..who in the world can drink two of those a day and only eat one meal per day?! I want to chew my calories , not drink them! If it's between drinking that crap or eating real food and exercising to lose weight, I'll go with the latter!

I have to agree with you on the slim fast thing.:yuck: Plus have you ever had the coffee one and then gone to the restroom? Now I love coffee....but my goodness....it's like your brewing a pot right there. Hmmmm....was that to much....:blink:
              HEARTS CLUB !!

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                no flash photography...
                • Jan 2005

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                Against the grain, it's the Smashbox Photo Finish Primer - it might be the type (I use the reddish kind) but it feels so... slimy. And when I put it on, it's like I didn't. It disappears into nothing. So much money for such a little thing. And it suer doesn't cover anything up very well. I like Bare Mineral's a lot better.
                I use the clear one and it's not suppose to cover. It's suppose to help control shine and make the skin appear smoother under foundation.

crest whitneing strips....i do not notice a difference and they make my teeth sensitive to hot and cold....

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                  no flash photography...
                  • Jan 2005

I know a few people who have gained weight on slim fast, because they used to be very high in carbs.

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
                    MiceChatter
                    • Aug 2005

Originally posted by Mom2dzneboys View Post
                    I have to agree with you on the slim fast thing.:yuck: Plus have you ever had the coffee one and then gone to the restroom? Now I love coffee....but my goodness....it's like your brewing a pot right there. Hmmmm....was that to much....:blink:
                    LOL No that wasn't too much. Thanks for the warning! Note to self...do not ever drink coffee flavored slim fast!

Originally posted by SCUBAbe View Post
                    crest whitneing strips....i do not notice a difference and they make my teeth sensitive to hot and cold....
                    I've had a couple boxes of those kicking around my house for almost 5 years no.....guess I'll definitely throw them away...they were probably expired anyways!)

I know a few people who have gained weight on slim fast, because they used to be very high in carbs.
                    Are you sure it was because of the carbs in the Slim Fast? Maybe they got so hungry that they secretly binged!

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                      no flash photography...
                      • Jan 2005

I've had a couple boxes of those kicking around my house for almost 5 years no.....guess I'll definitely throw them away...they were probably expired anyways!)
                      the news says they work. My bf said they didn't work on me because my teeth are already white,....but I want them whiter...

Are you sure it was because of the carbs in the Slim Fast? Maybe they got so hungry that they secretly binged!
                      they said they didn't...idk...I never lost weight on them and I didn;t cheat/binge.

Comment

• SCUBAbe
                        no flash photography...
                        • Jan 2005

this is not a beauty product, but that shower spray cleaner that is suppose to clean on it's on...does not work at all.....

I like this cream, but it does not work like advertised. It's by benefit and it;s suppose to reduce black circle....it does not, but it's a nice eye cream...

Comment

• Princess Buttercup
                          MiceChatter
                          • Aug 2005

they said they didn't...idk...I never lost weight on them and I didn;t cheat/binge.
                          Isn't there a saying that you have to eat to lose weight? I guess it's true!

Another useless beauty product my husband just mentioned is those old conveyor belt like things with the elastic band that would jiggle and was supposed to help you lose weight around your middle.

Remember that scene in "Blast from the Past" when Sissy Spacek was standing on one and drinking a martini at the same time?:lol:

Comment

• NeverNeverland
                            Where should we go next?

• Apr 2005

I use the clear one and it's not suppose to cover. It's suppose to help control shine and make the skin appear smoother under foundation.

The red one is supposed to cover. At least that's what Ms. Sephora told me, when I was pondering red vs. green (they didn't have clear in the small size).

the Crest did work for me but my teeth were def way too sensitive.

And that automatic shower spray cleaner, yeah, it doesn't work at all! But I also got a free rack for it so at least that's useful :lol:
                            Good morning, son
                            In twenty years from now
                            Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                            And I can tell you 'bout today
                            And how I picked you up and everything changed
                            It was pain
                            Sunny days and rain
                            I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

• roxystar68
                              MiceChatter
                              • Mar 2006

The really cheap MegaPlump lip gloss you can get in drug stores does not plump at all. As for Slimfast or whatever it's called, I actually drank that when I needed to gain weight. I think it is to reduce hunger but not add calories. Scrap that idea!
                              The daydream princess

Comment

• dsnylndmom
                                loves a silver lining
                                • Jan 2005

DuWop reverse liner, not a fan.
                                Philosophy Hope in a Jar, was way too greasy for me
                                Pop beauty shadows, they fade away in 10 minutes :botox:

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

• mamabot
                                  Rally Vixen
                                  MiceChat Administrator
                                  • Jan 2005

Originally posted by NeverNeverland View Post
                                  The red one is supposed to cover. At least that's what Ms. Sephora told me, when I was pondering red vs. green (they didn't have clear in the small size).

And that automatic shower spray cleaner, yeah, it doesn't work at all! But I also got a free rack for it so at least that's useful :lol:
                                  Photofinish: Next time you are in Sephora, ask for a free sample. The small amount they give you will last for a while. I have always wanted to try the green version to help with the redness in my cheeks, but I am a little leery of it.

Automatic shower spray. I use mine with an OXO squeege. Works really well.

Originally posted by dsnylndmom View Post
                                  DuWop reverse liner, not a fan.
                                  Philosophy Hope in a Jar, was way too greasy for me
                                  Pop beauty shadows, they fade away in 10 minutes :botox:
                                  You should try my Hope in a Bottle this weekend. So much better than HiaJ.

Thanks for the heads up on the Pop shadows. I have always wanted to get one but they are soooo expensive.
                                  Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
                                  I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

• pixie chick
                                    Prefect

• Jun 2005

I know a lot of people like this one, but the Cover Girl Lash Exact mascara was awful. It flaked & got in my eyes! I've never had a mascara do that before. Because so many people liked it, I gave it another try thinking I may have just gotten a bad batch. Nope. The second one did the same thing. :thumbdown:
                                    <o>

Comment

• dramaqueen
                                      is FIERCE!
                                      • Jan 2005

I actually like the automatic shower cleaner- I notice my shower gets grungy if I run out, plus it makes the bathroom smell clean.

As for slim fast, it works well if you stick to it like PB said, 2 for meals and then one sensible real meal. It works because each shake has 180 calories, so it helps control them. I keep them on hand when I know I won't have time to eat, or if I want to avoid being tempted by something fattening. They definitely take will power! Oh yeah, and I agree with the coffee flavored ones, ICKY!!!!!

As for products not working, I am not a fan of Mary Kay in general. They have a few products I like, but for the most part, I am not impressed.
                                      Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
                                      Help support the site you love:
                                      -Visit the MiceChat store
                                      Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
                                      MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

Comment

• Missviolet
                                        Oh... it's a bobby pin.
                                        • Jun 2006

Ughhhhh.. Avon chapstick.. it's like flavored crisco in a tube. Gross.

I've never tried the Slim-fast, just becasue I know that there will be a time when I want to NOT be having Slim-fast for 2/3 of my day and I don't want to gain all the weight back.

I also don't like the Vollum' Express Mascara... the one with two ends. It's gross and clumpy and looks like spider legs. :thumbdown

I would like to end on a positive note: I love MAC's PlushGlass... it gets my pucker nice and plump and has the best taste. <3

That's my 2.5 cents :wave:

To live would be an awfully big adventure.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X