Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

how often do you go to the grocery store?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how often do you go to the grocery store?

I try to only go once a week, to two different stores. One is Aldi on tuesday, and the other is a large fruit and vege shop, with a huge butcher next door

Originally Posted by Disney Wrassler
    Tassie, I found a quote for ya :lol:!

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
    Originally Posted by MWalton
    :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Re: how often do you go to the crocery store?

For major trip to get a lot of groceries, 1-2 times a week.
    For little things, 2-3 times a week.

But that also depends on if i'm craving a Starbucks, which they have there.
    Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

Comment

I try to go once every two weeks, but at least once a week i have to pick up something I'm out of.

Comment

bread and milk I have to get every few days, but I try to get that at the corner store. It costs more there, but if I go into the market, I don't come out with less than $50 worth, even though I only "need" bread and milk LOL

"Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia."

Charles M. Schulz
        :lol: Did the pages take that long to reach around to your part of the world?!? :lol:

Comment

My hubby goes several times a week. We never just do a BIG trip (our kids are grown), but, we get what we need at tht time. If we get too much, we never eat it and end up tossing a lot.

Comment

OK we do MAJOR grocery shopping once every 2 weeks (on pay day).. and it seems wayne is going to the grocery store every 2 or 3 days for things we seem to run out of.. like milk, and bread, etc

(( i NEED TO BUY A COW)) :lol:

Friends for life

Comment

I do a big trip every two weeks, but I stop and pick up produce and stuff that needs to be fresh between major trips.

Comment

I usually got every 2 weeks, sometimes 3. It's just me so everything lasts longer.

Comment

A little tip that I learned from a book called "America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money":
                  Well, they say go once a month, but that is not possible for me. One thing I did take away from it is to go every two weeks, and eat the produce in the order it would go bad- i.e. bananas, then pears, and apples last a long time, so they're last. Although, since I have a 14 mo who LOVES bananas, and doesn't have enough teeth to eat apples, I still end up going on the off-week to get more bananas. But it's a good tip, nonetheless.

ETA: If you have a big freezer, you can also buy extra milk, pour a little off the top of each one, and freeze them. They defrost fine with no change in consistency in my experience. When you start running a little low on the current gallon or whatever, just pull out the new one and put it in the sink with some water for a few hours.

You can freeze bread too, just be careful not to smoosh it. When you're running low on the current loaf, just set the new one out on the counter, and it will be ready to go in a few hours!

Comment

Originally posted by lafantasma View Post
                    A little tip that I learned from a book called "America's Cheapest Family Gets You Right on the Money":
                    Well, they say go once a month, but that is not possible for me. One thing I did take away from it is to go every two weeks, and eat the produce in the order it would go bad- i.e. bananas, then pears, and apples last a long time, so they're last. Although, since I have a 14 mo who LOVES bananas, and doesn't have enough teeth to eat apples, I still end up going on the off-week to get more bananas. But it's a good tip, nonetheless.
                    i am trying that.. it doesnt seem to work for me hmmmmmmmmm

Friends for life

Comment

Re: how often do you go to the grocery store?

I always freze milk too!!

Charles M. Schulz

Comment

Originally posted by tassie View Post
                        I always freze milk too!!
                        i used to do that in canada freeze millk..I dont have a deep freeze here now.. once i do I am freezing my milk

Friends for life

Comment

I try to go every week but I usually buy enough for 2 to 3 weeks. I spend the same anyway. Trader Joe's in once a more or 6 weeks or so - until I forget just how horrible the parking and layout of the store is. (Or until I get a craving!)
                          If I go more often, I just buy more stuff I don't need, so I don't let myself go.
                          Good morning, son
                          In twenty years from now
                          Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                          And I can tell you 'bout today
                          And how I picked you up and everything changed
                          It was pain
                          Sunny days and rain
                          I knew you'd feel the same things...

sigpic

Comment

Every other week. We do a Trader Joes stop and a stop at either Albertson's or Vons. We get some things from Costco once a month

Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ

Comment

Originally posted by kelly View Post
                              (( i NEED TO BUY A COW)) :lol:
                              If it were only that easy (or not I guess)...

Same for us, we do big shopping every two weeks but usually need to get some stuff in between. We buy (and go though) almost 2 gallons of milk every week.

A little piece of heaven

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X