X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid stupid people at Rosie's school

ARGHH!!!

I am so mad!

When I got the info for Rosie's kindergarten stuff one of the items was her required shots before school. So I took the list and her shot records to the Dr and they looked at it, I looked at it, hell, we looked three times at least! She needed three shots- so we got that done (poor baby)-I figure I'm all done, right?

WRONG!

She started school yesterday and now they are saying she is short one shot! Turns out they gave us an outdated form! So instead of three HepB she has only had 2. I am livid- why in the world should I be stuck paying another co-pay when they messed up? AUGH!! AND they will kick her out of school if I don't get it done.

Braden has an appt for a physical next Tuesday with the same woman who checked Rose over and set up her shots- so I have a call into her and I am going to ask if I can bring Rose in and get that last shot done at the same time.

I am angry- one more thing on my plate, one more shot for my poor little girl, and a hassle that they won't pay for! I also threw away the original form thinking I was done with it, so I can't even go throw their incompetence in their faces.

Re: Stupid stupid people at Rosie's school

Aw!!

Well, this will pass soon enough, and Rosie will be riding the big ol' bus to SCHOOL!! It's an exciting time. Don't let a little setback spoil it. Shots are never fun, but at least they'll be all out of the way. And before long, you'll have more graded papers adorning your fridge.
    disneyphile@gmail.com

Comment

It's times like this that make you wish ninjas were readily available for hire. Alas.
      The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

The joys of dealing with school administrators

Comment

Ugh. What would school registartion be without some drama? We learned our lesson with Brian last year, although we still had a couple of issues this time around.

How cool is it that she started kindergarten this week! Ali starts on Monday. She is getting her hair cut on Saturday. I am thinking of taking her to Limited Too for her first day of school outfit.
          Anything listed on the park maps as an attraction is fair game for inclusion in the Rally.
          I cannot confirm nor deny the inclusion of any attraction in the Rally.

May the Gumballs Be with You...Always.

NO GOATS!

Comment

Nephy, double check that she didn't already receive the full vaccine. There IS a 2 dose pediatric version of the shot, so she might actually be covered already. It might just be a clerical mistake on her record- they are supposed to notate if it is a 2 dose situation.

Or, go back to your school and ask to sign a "personal beliefs" waiver if you don't want to give her the shot at all. (Though since she started the series she should finish it.)

In California, if her shots are "in progress", she could be admitted "conditionally". This means if she's as complete as she can be and it is too early to give her the next dose, she can stay in school under the condition that you get the shot when it is due. And then if you don't follow through, then they can exclude her from school.

Check to see how it's done in CO though. Hope that helps.
            A signature should go here.

Comment

Originally posted by SusieP.
              Nephy, double check that she didn't already receive the full vaccine. There IS a 2 dose pediatric version of the shot, so she might actually be covered already. It might just be a clerical mistake on her record- they are supposed to notate if it is a 2 dose situation.

Or, go back to your school and ask to sign a "personal beliefs" waiver if you don't want to give her the shot at all. (Though since she started the series she should finish it.)

In California, if her shots are "in progress", she could be admitted "conditionally". This means if she's as complete as she can be and it is too early to give her the next dose, she can stay in school under the condition that you get the shot when it is due. And then if you don't follow through, then they can exclude her from school.

Check to see how it's done in CO though. Hope that helps.
              What? Did you used to work in a school nurses office or something??

Nephy, hope it all works out. I know it's frustrating. I'm sure you'll be able to get Rose in next week.
              Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
              FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
              I bring the magic!!!
              "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
              Originally posted by Reverend DMother
              Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. :love: I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X