Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you preserve chocolate?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • How do you preserve chocolate?

    I was wondering if any one knows how to preserve a piece of chocolate. Can I lacquer it or something like that? And if so how do you go about doing that. I am talking about like a keepsake that I got at a special event and I wanted to keep it rather than eat it. I am afraid if I don't do something to preserve it, the chocolate will turn white over time so it won't look nice anymore. Thanks
    San Diego Pole Parties

  • #2
    Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

    Couldn't you shelack (sp?) it? I was going to say why don't you make a similar piece out of that polymer clay (fimo dough) and then using the glazing it. But if it's a special piece....

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

      Originally posted by The Red Head View Post
      I was wondering if any one knows how to preserve a piece of chocolate. Can I lacquer it or something like that? And if so how do you go about doing that. I am talking about like a keepsake that I got at a special event and I wanted to keep it rather than eat it. I am afraid if I don't do something to preserve it, the chocolate will turn white over time so it won't look nice anymore. Thanks

      Have it placed in an acrylic block.
      Originally posted by SummerInFL
      Jesus, even I wouldn't eat that.

      Originally posted by Wanda Woman
      Turtle, the dorks are going to take upskirt robot pics.

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

        You don't preserve chocolate, you eat it.

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

          Originally posted by sailerm View Post
          You don't preserve chocolate, you eat it.
          My thoughts exactly! lol
          Press today is so concerned with cool vs. not cool that they're starting to forget good vs. bad. I'm not sure I'll ever be "cool", but I will always tirelessly strive to be "great". - Josh Groban

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

            ^^ Me too!

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

              Take a picture of it

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                You could use a air-tight sealing machine and store it in the freezer.
                They sell them at Costco...handy for meats, ect.
                "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams! Live the life you've imagined." -Henry David Thoreau

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                  Originally posted by knittingknerd View Post
                  Couldn't you shelack (sp?) it? I was going to say why don't you make a similar piece out of that polymer clay (fimo dough) and then using the glazing it. But if it's a special piece....
                  I was wondering about that. I have never used shellac. So I wasn't sure how to shellac a food item, and I had no luck with google. When I put in preserve food or chocolate, I kept coming up with preserves. And when I put in shellac, it was about wood, or the fact that they use small layers of shellac on fruit to make them shiny, but nothing about what I want to do.
                  Last edited by The Red Head; 05-08-2008, 06:53 AM. Reason: missing a word
                  San Diego Pole Parties

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                    Originally posted by PretzelSouls View Post
                    You could use a air-tight sealing machine and store it in the freezer.
                    They sell them at Costco...handy for meats, ect.
                    Thanks for the idea. I actually have a vacuum sealer, but I think it might crack the chocolate, because it seals so tight. If it was just a candy bar that I didn't care how it looked it would be fine.
                    San Diego Pole Parties

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                      If you're interested in shcellac-ing the chocolate to keep it well preserved you can try checking out shellac.net, they seem to have a pretty extensive FAQ section and if you can't find the answer there you can email them to find out if it'll work... it's worth a shot right?

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                        Originally posted by awake_in_dreams View Post
                        If you're interested in shcellac-ing the chocolate to keep it well preserved you can try checking out shellac.net, they seem to have a pretty extensive FAQ section and if you can't find the answer there you can email them to find out if it'll work... it's worth a shot right?

                        Thanks I will check that out.
                        San Diego Pole Parties

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                          Okay, I have to ask -- what is so special about this chocolate that makes you want to preserve it??

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                            ^ I'm curious too!
                            I want my cake back!
                            sigpic

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: How do you preserve chocolate?

                              Me too

                              I'd say if you do the sealing thing to try w/regular chocolate first.
                              Good morning, son
                              In twenty years from now
                              Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
                              And I can tell you 'bout today
                              And how I picked you up and everything changed
                              It was pain
                              Sunny days and rain
                              I knew you'd feel the same things...


                              sigpic

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X