X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Top 10 creepiest fast food mascots

http://www.fanpop.com/spots/legendary-ads/soapbox/56

I don't eat much fast food anymore. Maybe it's because I read Fast Food Nation a few years back and that scared me off the chalupas and whoppers. Or it could be because the doctor told me to watch my fat intake and ease off the fried foods.

When I really think about it though, those excuses are kinda lame. I think that the real reason I don't eat fast food is because fast food restaurants are doing their damndest to scare us away from their restaurants. I mean look at the weirdos they have peddling their food. Scary clowns? Creepy old men? Purple blobs? The fast food companies been subjecting us to these creeps for years, but recently the situation has become unbearable.

So without further ado, I present to you my list of the 10 creepiest fast food mascots [note: I'm limiting the list to characters peddling goods for fast food outlets - I realize that the Kool Aid Man and Count Chocula are also disturbing, but that's for another list]:
    Guess who is number ONE, or do you really have to ask!
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: The Top 10 creepiest fast food mascots

#10: The Quiznos Rat/Hamster Thing (very creepy)

#3: Old-School Ronald McDonald (even creepier)

Im even suprised the King is on that list ... I think he's one of the cool ones..
    Originally posted by aashee (Farter Extraordinair)
    Wow. If regular MiceChatters saw this thread they might think we are normal. Thanks Dan & Gina!

Comment

I'm not surprised about 1st place. That one is creepy. They even made video games with him.
      1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

Comment

#1 and #10 are the only ones that strike me as creepy really.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I love those Quizno's hamster/rat things. Those commercials always made me laugh. As for the King ... if I woke up and saw him I'd just snatch the food and kick him out of my room ... LOL!

Comment

I like the Jack commercials, but the King creeps me out totally. The original Ronald McDonald was pretty funny- whipped up in about 5 minutes, but funny. At least they referenced him in the commercial- now the characters are just their own thing, and the commercials ignore them.

I haven't actually seen a lot of those mascots but I can see how they'd be creepy.
            I pledge allegiance to the Earth, one planet, many gods, and to the universe in which she spins.

Comment

The King is creepy but the Quizno's mascots were so weird that I just was totally creeped out by the commercial. My question is, how can executives approve that?
              -Jack :geek:
              Doc Brown had 2 Deloreans!

Comment

I don't think any of them creep me out. I would say the King has me going "WTF" more than any of them, well except Ronald. But I LOVE Jack in the Box...love him! I love his commercials and he is funny.

Comment

Those Quiznos rat/hamster things were the Sponge Monkeys. Quiznos horked them from www.rathergood.com.

http://www.rathergood.com/moon_song/

Comment

old-school ronald was way creepier than the king!

Comment

Yeah, That Creepy ol' King was #1 on my creep list!

I can't believe BK insists upon continued use of that
                      to promote their food. I get nacious at the very thought
                      of eating at BK, for fear that I'll have nightmares of that
                      "Thing King" next to me in bed when I wake up.

Food icons shouldn't make you sick to your stomach,
                      THAT is not the way you want to get your attention
                      or keep it, when you are advertising something that
                      you want people to swallow.
                      Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                      An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                      Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                      Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

I agree with the #1 choice. In fact, I find that I actually tend to stay away from BK now that Creepy King is being used. Not on purpose. Guess it was just sublinimal commercial back-fire.

As for Jack.. LOVE HIM!!!!
                        Originally posted by migo
                        I poop with joy!
                        Best Quote...EVER!!!

Member of the Black Cat Owners Association #6

Comment

Worst ones that I have personly seen are the Quizno rats/hamster things...

I don't know if Quiznos is any good or not, I'll never find out, those ads have made me permently avoid them....all I think of when I see a Quiznos sign is cooked rodent...Ewwww

but the one that I had never seen before was the old school Ronald Mc D.

that guy is creepy, but there "fixed" version, the one running thru the parking lot, I just kept thinking of Stephen Kings it, just waiting for the clown to run to the screen and talk to me..."they float, everything floats down here"...

Yuck....

and yet, I have a strong desire to go read IT again...I know the book is around here somewhere.....
                          procrastibating

Comment

I swear, that old school ronald is gonna give me nightmares...

Comment

I can't get the list to come up. Am I doing something wrong? Help! I just have to see that list!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X