This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you react to compliments?

It can be a compliment from anyone but mostly from the opposite sex. Do you like the flattery? Do you say Thank you? Do you just smile? Do you say nothing?

I've done a my fair share of compliments to guys. Some say Thank you, some not, or some just get caught off guard and don't know what to say.

You?

Re: How do you react to compliments?

Originally posted by Ginarella View Post
    It can be a compliment from anyone but mostly from the opposite sex. Do you like the flattery? Do you say Thank you? Do you just smile? Do you say nothing?

I've done a my fair share of compliments to guys. Some say Thank you, some not, or some just get caught off guard and don't know what to say.

You?
    I just say thank you.

Comment

I usually reply "I know" and walk away.

Comment

I giggle and blush and attempt to say thanks.
        "I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn't arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I'm going to be happy in it. "Groucho Marx

Comment

I send out thank you cards.....:lol:

Comment

Not well.
            People don't compliment me often.

Comment

I sometimes get embarassed. It actually depends on the compliment. Face to face compliments would most likely embarass me more. I am shy, by nature. Sometimes, we get caught off guard, and thank you isn't our first reaction.
              BarbaraAnn

Comment

Its never happend. Thanks for the reminder...

Comment

I just say thanks ...

Comment

I also say Thank you.

Comment

so i have a story....the first day of my new job one of the store managers walks up to me and says "you're pretty" so i said thank you, and then she glared at me and walked away. should i have said sorry? you too? this is what they should have been teaching us in high school!!

Comment

I say thank you...if I know the person well, I will sometimes joke back if I don't agree...

Comment

Smile and say thank you. It the compliment is a good segway to a new conversation, feel free to add something (i.e., "that's a great car" "Thank you. I spent 350 hours restoring it."), but if it is about something physical ("you have a beautiful smile") or if you don't want to talk it up, just smile and say thank you and you're done.
                          Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                          The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Originally posted by CutebutClueless View Post
                            so i have a story....the first day of my new job one of the store managers walks up to me and says "you're pretty" so i said thank you, and then she glared at me and walked away. should i have said sorry? you too? this is what they should have been teaching us in high school!!
                            That's freaky. Sounds like she was being sarcastic? I would have said Thank you too even with the glare.

Comment

I don't know if this was aimed at everyone....but, I haven't learned how to take it. I guess I don't believe them. Where I work I get quite a few compliments. One guy who used to work there, commented on my legs all the time, one guy stared at my bottom endlessly, the new guy always says how beautiful I am.....and we have one guest that has been there FOREVER who only calls me "pretty girl". And then, every now and then, you have someone say something or ask for a phone number. I just laugh it off.....I don't really believe them. Esp. the guys I work with. I think they are just picking on me, cause I am married. I just find it hard to believe...I'm shy and don't really have that great of a self esteem.....I just laugh it off.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X