This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NBA Referee Bet On Games He Worked

According to The New York Post, which is, according to David Letterman "One of New York's finest newspapers", an unknown NBA referee wagered on games he was working and the FBI is now investigating into the matter. Both parties are now looking into this matter.

What's your opinion on it?

Re: NBA Referee Bet On Games He Worked

We have got a name now. They are calling this the NBA's Nightmare and I agree.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns
    sigpic

Comment

Other than the fact i could care less about the NBA, this is bad, very very bad. A Scar on all Sports.
      -----------------------------------------------
      DISNEYLAND: Greatest Man-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

YOSEMITE NATIONAL PARK: Greatest *GOD-Made Place On Earth :thumbup:

Comment

This is really, really bad. He should be fired immidiately.
        Originally posted by aashee
        We are 100% grade A Disney Dorks.

Comment

The man in question resigned after the season ended.

Comment

Wow...that is awful. I stopped watching the NBA a couple years ago and this doesn't make me want to come back.

Comment

Makes pro wrestling fake fighting look legit!

Comment

I'm wondering if this will have any negative effect on the NBA. Everyone is distracted with the situation with Michael Vick.

Comment

Originally posted by mouseinphilly View Post
                  The man in question resigned after the season ended.

Thanks for the correction.

Comment

Originally posted by BDBopper View Post
                    I'm wondering if this will have any negative effect on the NBA. Everyone is distracted with the situation with Michael Vick.
                    I'd certainly have to think that it would...assuming that it's true.

I don't watch Letterman on a regular basis, so I'm hoping he's being sarcastic in calling Rupert Murdoch's tabloid Post "one of the finest newspapers".

Having said that, if you are a league commissioner in any sport, among the terms you like to hear are...ball, basket, points, good ratings, sell outs, more revenues.

Among the terms that stop you cold...FBI, point-shaving, the mob.

As fans we have an implicit (if maybe naive) trust that the events we watch do not have some sort of pre-determined outcome.

Be afraid, David Stern, be very afraid.

--Barry
                    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

Yes, Radioberry, he has on occasion called The New York Post "One of New York's finest newspapers" in a sarcastic sort of way, even back in his NBC days.

I hope this is a wake-up call as well to the other major sports (baseball, football, stock car racing - in some parts of the south - and ice hockey, as if Janet Jones and Rick Tocchett needed to learn that) to go out there and start clamping down on gambling right away.

Comment

At least as far as baseball is concerned, they've done about as much as they can do to educate players on gambling. The sport's darkest hour came after the Black Sox scandal of 1919..."Say It Ain't So, Joe" ...."Eight Men Out", and all of that.

There are huge warning signs in each MLB clubhouse.

And if Pete Rose were guilty of almost anything else, he'd have been in the Hall of Fame years ago. But he bet on baseball games. The biggest no-no that there is.

In my opinion, this NBA thing is just one guy, who is gone now. The worst part is now anytime a game is decided on a close call, you know those conspiracy theorists will be out of the woodwork.

--Barry
                        God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

Comment

The issue for this ref. is that he bet on games and even on games that he officiated. Personally I think there are quite a few refs who don't bet but are getting paid big bucks by those who are betting to control the games and their outcomes.

I personally don't trust professional sports anymore.

Comment

Not even professional wrestling fake fightining?

Comment

I TOLD you guys the Suns got screwed. I KNEW it.

This same POS worked Game 3 of Suns Vs. Spurs.... & made a ton of crap calls...........

Crucify him!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X