X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should the entire NBA retire Michael Jordan's number

Report: LeBron James wants No. 6, let Michael Jordan own No. 23 - ESPN

With LeBron James changing his number from 23 to 6 next year, there are now rumors floating around that they should retire 23 all across the league.

Why??

He's not Jackie Robinson. It's not even a consensus that he's the best player ever.

Thoughts?

Or is he just switching because he's going to play for the Bulls next year (which is also a rumor).

Re: Should the entire NBA retire Michael Jordan's number

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

With LeBron James changing his number from 23 to 6 next year, there are now rumors floating around that they should retire 23 all across the league.

Why??

He's not Jackie Robinson. It's not even a consensus that he's the best player ever.

Thoughts?

Or is he just switching because he's going to play for the Bulls next year (which is also a rumor).
    I heard rumors that LeBron James wants to play for the Clippers next season.
    No, number 23 shouldn't be retire...at this point number 24 will be retire for all the league, too.
    "You are watching FOX"

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post

Why??

Thoughts?

Um, if LeBron is changing his number, it's only because he's changing teams. That seems premature. Now, if it's to simply sell more jerseys, then that's been played already, twice.

Jordan did not do squat versus what Jackie Robinson did. And, he's not that great of a role model. Tiger discovered that, the hard way.

He might play for the Bulls. No idea, as I'm still hibernating until June, in re: the NBA.
      I think he wants to play for a club that can both pay him what he wants AND can field a winning team. I dont think he wants to play for a perennially crappy team and build it up. I don't think he wants to play for a perennially good team that would suffer because of his price tag.

Comment

I think they should retire his number, He is a legend.
        Should he of done Space Jam? No
        Should he of played baseball? Heck No....
        But he still has it......
        [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkrja3wLxIY"]YouTube- Michael Jordan Still Has it At Age 46.[/ame]
        Last edited by Joshnyah; 03-02-2010, 04:02 PM.

Comment

It's a bad move. He was a GREAT player, but Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier and paved the way for Black and the entire sport.

I'm also of the opinion you don't do something like that while the person is still alive. Imagine if the NFL did this for OJ Simpson.

Comment

Originally posted by aashee View Post
            It's a bad move. He was a GREAT player, but Jackie Robinson broke the color barrier and paved the way for Black and the entire sport.

I'm also of the opinion you don't do something like that while the person is still alive. Imagine if the NFL did this for OJ Simpson.
            Great point!

Comment

Or the NHL for Wayne Gretzky.

Wait....

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                I think they should retire his number, He is a legend.
                Should he of done Space Jam? No
                Should he of played baseball? Heck No....
                But he still has it......
                YouTube- Michael Jordan Still Has it At Age 46.
                Does he? I heard he lost a game of HORSE to Gerald henderson (out of Duke), all the while trash-talking his own team's (he's about to own all of the Bobcats) guard.
                [sarcasm]Yeah, great role model. Everyone should be like Mike.[/sarcasm]

Comment

Michael Jordan was a legend on the court, but no. His #23 should not be retired throughout the NBA.
                  sigpic
                  Home away from Home.

Comment

Hell no. Jackie Robinson he was not. He wouldn't even make the top three on my list of best players ever.
                    Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                    The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

I still have not seen any proof of this alleged Horse game!
                      I would love to see MJ one on one with Jackie Robinson on the basketball court. Joking of course for more than one reason. I dunno in my opinion, since I have been alive I think he is one of the greatest players in the NBA even compared to todays players. But once again that is just my opinion.
                      Last edited by Joshnyah; 03-06-2010, 09:27 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Joshnyah View Post
                        I still have not seen any proof of this alleged Horse game!
                        Michael Jordan-Gerald Henderson HORSE Video | NowPublic News Coverage

Comment

IMO Jordan was a better business man than BBall player.

Comment

well with Jordan, there really wasn't a color barrier to break, so that really can't be a reason to why his number shouldn't be retired. but whether they retire it or not i don't care too much. i just wonder what the world would be like with Len Bias around
                            Originally posted by JungleCruiseFan
                            You know what they say- The party don't start 'til Jordon walks in.
                            Originally posted by penguinsoda

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X