X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Frank McCourt agrees to sell Dodgers

This will be a day long remembered!

Frank McCourt agrees to sell Dodgers - latimes.com
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

Re: Frank McCourt agrees to sell Dodgers

About freaking time.
    Now, I can go to a game in person.
    Well, I should find out who the next owner is, and whether Pujols or Fielder will be signed as new Dodgers.

Comment

The Los Angeles Times reports today that Peter O'Malley says he'll put together a group to join the bidding for the team, as an actual L.A. native this gives me a huge childhood thrill chill!
      "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Comment

I would really love to see this go back to the O'Malley family. It never should have left them in the first place.

The thing that has me concerned is that Fox has been mentioned as another potential buyer. I really hope that does not happen.
        "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Potential suitors:

1. The O'Malley group
          2. Group headed by Steve Garvey and Orel Hershiser
          3. Mark Cuban

All would be a great move and seeing McCourt gone brings life the franchise alone.

Comment

I love this news!!!

With the young talent the Dodgers have (3 Gold Glovers this year) they shouldn't have been as bad as they were. Playing for less fans and all of the outside distractions had to take their toll.

With McCourt there, there was NO WAY we were going to be able to get any big free agents. With McCourt gone I think there is a great chance we could add somebody like Fielder.

I can't imagine Pujols is leaving St Louis.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
              I love this news!!!

With the young talent the Dodgers have (3 Gold Glovers this year) they shouldn't have been as bad as they were. Playing for less fans and all of the outside distractions had to take their toll.

With McCourt there, there was NO WAY we were going to be able to get any big free agents. With McCourt gone I think there is a great chance we could add somebody like Fielder.

I can't imagine Pujols is leaving St Louis.
              I completely agree with all points. With all the talent and achievements on the team this year, the poor season that they had as a team could only be attributable to the distractions off the field.

I definitely think Pujols will most likely stay in St. Louis. He has a good thing going there and I doubt the Dodgers will pay him what he will ask for if they are also going to try to ink long term deals for Kemp, Ethier, and Kershaw. I think Fielder is the more likely candidate.
              "Greetings, Starfighter! You have been recruited by the Star League to defend the Frontier against Xur and the Ko-Dan Armada."

Comment

Disagree with the Dodgers' Gold Gloves (well, Kemp's is more like a Gold Batting Glove), as there are several better outfielders, and Pitching Defense is being worked out by the smarties.

Agree that Pujols is staying put. Don't appreciate the delay in the signing. That's all about the publicity, I guess.

Comment

I hope he sells it to Dennis Gilbert's group.
                  Fight On!:sc: Beat the Red Wolves!

Tom Chaney Memorial Debate Lounge Quote of the Week:

[None]
                  The brick walls are there to stop the people who don't want it badly enough - Randy Pausch

Comment

Wow, Plaschke possibly separated his shoulder from clapping himself on the back:

Bill Plaschke: His 2011 Los Angeles sports MVPs — Dodgers fans - latimes.com

"Hey, look at me! I wrote about people!!"

Comment

Not a Plaschke fan, but McCourt deserves all the dislike he's getting and then some.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X