Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why did my ipod decide to start deleting my movies?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why did my ipod decide to start deleting my movies?

So...I've had my new ipod for about two months now and it runs fine.

Except for the fact that I have downloaded 3 movies and when I went to find them just now they were GONE! What the freak? (i.e. I went to "Movies" where there USED to be three titles, and now "movies" is empty!)

I've looked under preferences and I can't find anything that asks my ipod to delete my movies after two weeks.

What is UP with this??? :bang:

Any help out there?

Re: Why did my ipod decide to start deleting my movies?

Did you possibly change the preferences as to what gets transfered to your iPod, such as selected items only?

Comment

Originally posted by lazyboy97O
      Did you possibly change the preferences as to what gets transfered to your iPod, such as selected items only?
      Well....maybe. But wouldn't my ipod items STAY on my ipod until I delete them? Or does it yank out anything I haven't decided to transfer?

Comment

I think it will yank them out.

Comment

well on the bright side atleast u can use itunes on ur computer..un-like my computer , itunes and quick time dont open so there is no way i can put songs on my ipod... any1 have any tips for me to open itunes??

Comment

for ipod problem: try reseting it
            for itunes problems:uninstall it and then reinstall it

Comment

I don't know the answer to your question, but I have a question...

How did you get movies onto your Ipod? I want to but can't figure it out....
              procrastibating

Comment

Movies for the iPod need to be in the specific iPod format (.mp4) and you must have a video iPod.

Comment

Originally posted by localdisnyfan
                  So...I've had my new ipod for about two months now and it runs fine.

Except for the fact that I have downloaded 3 movies and when I went to find them just now they were GONE! What the freak? (i.e. I went to "Movies" where there USED to be three titles, and now "movies" is empty!)

I've looked under preferences and I can't find anything that asks my ipod to delete my movies after two weeks.

What is UP with this??? :bang:

Any help out there?
                  When I load music on my Ipod there is a check box on the bottom of the page that says "replace all songs when autofilling " I only have a Ipod shuffle" and am running Itunes 6.0.5 on a mac with 10.4.7
                  THIS SPACE FOR SALE OR LEASE

PRESIDENT OF THE DISNEYLAND LOOP LOVERS ASSOCIATION

Comment

Why did my ipod decide to start deleting my movies?

May be it's accounting for taste....

But seriously, check your iTunes library to see if they are listed there, if not they will be removed everytime you sync up your iPod with iTunes.

As far as converting movies for your video iPod, I use PQ DVD converter

http://www.pqdvd.com/dvd-to-ipod-video-converter.html

it's great for ripping DVD's straight to your iPod

Comment

Originally posted by tahoebob54
                      When I load music on my Ipod there is a check box on the bottom of the page that says "replace all songs when autofilling " I only have a Ipod shuffle" and am running Itunes 6.0.5 on a mac with 10.4.7

Hmmm...I have my preferences set on "Manually manage songs and playlists" so I have no idea why my ipod would take it upon itself to get rid of those movies. Perhaps it's possesed.

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle

If you download a short, such as "One Man Band" from the movie Cars, just drag the downloaded file onto your ipod icon and it should load. (At least that's how a mac user would do it.) The other cool thing I've been able to do recently is to edit our family videos with imovie, using effects, music, etc, and to save these HUGE files (Mine were upwards of 7 gigs) as a mp4 file as lazyboy mentioned above. As it saves for the ipod, it compresses the file so instead of 7 gigs being taken up on my ipod, it's now under 200 megabytes. Even the TV shows don't take up too much room as they must have been compressed in the same way. Very cool! :thumbup:

Now if only I could get them to STAY on my ipod. :bang: My vodcasts are all fine, it's just this weird thing with the movies. I reloaded all of them so they're fine now, but I just wish I knew WHY it would do that.

Comment

Originally posted by Tinkerbelle

I use Handbrake Lite. It rips the movie from the DVD and puts it into an mp4. I have a 60g and have about 25 movies and a ton of music, and its less than 30% full.
                        If you see a cute yellow lab puppy with a yellow cape, WAVE! It might be us! (Or it may be someone else that lurks here!) Thank you for asking before you pet! Next trip, Dec 22-Jan 3rd.

Comment

Originally posted by Malcon10t
                          I use Handbrake Lite. It rips the movie from the DVD and puts it into an mp4. I have a 60g and have about 25 movies and a ton of music, and its less than 30% full.
                          Malcon - Do you run Mac OS X? Once you download the software, does it pretty much run itself? This could be very cool.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X