This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A Mild Technical Acheivement - Random Sig Images

I made for fun three "Mice Wars" banners since the final SW film is coming out this week. I wondered how I could put all three in my sig. So, after a bit of internet research, my sig now randomly displays one of the three. Reload the page and you'll see it.

After this week I plan to do quotes.

Interesting Club 33. Except the first time I clicked refresh I still got the Episode I image so I thought it was acting up.

Comment

Originally posted by BigPigletFan
      Interesting Club 33. Except the first time I clicked refresh I still got the Episode I image so I thought it was acting up.
      That happens. Since its random it cn randomly pick the sam image twice. Starting next week it'll show humorous quotes.

Comment

Originally posted by Club 33
        That happens. Since its random it cn randomly pick the sam image twice. Starting next week it'll show humorous quotes.
        Cool trick. Do you mind saying how you do it?
        Plague Of Vampires | A Novel by Eric and Elizabeth Gerds:

Buy Now at Amazon

Comment

we do that with our banners on our website at work, though I'm not the tech person that figured out how to do it, but it is a nice feature on websites or in this case sigs.

ErikAnders.smugmug.com

Fratsor Brother - ΔΜΧΑ

1519, 4066, 423, 600, 2469, 378, 5044, 888

Comment

Originally posted by AndersDMB
            we do that with our banners on our website at work, though I'm not the tech person that figured out how to do it, but it is a nice feature on websites or in this case sigs.
            Ah! But the trick here is, no HTML or Javascript is allowed in posts or sigs, making it trickier to do. I found the PHP script I use to do it here:

http://www.alistapart.com/articles/randomizer/

Comment

Pretty tricky, C33!

I really like your photoshop skills.

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

Comment

Thanks!

Comment

This is so cool, randomness is cool all by itself, but with great signatures, it's even better!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X