This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hooray for Wifi!

I've had my laptop for almost 2 months. Had been wanting to get wifi set up at home, but had no clue how to do it myself. Called the cable company and they charge a $150 one-time setup fee. Ouch! But at least they'd know what they're doing.

Well, fast-forward to this week. I got to talking with the IT guy at work and he said doing it yourself is really easy. So I started looking online at routers and found one that looked good. Did some digging and found the best price for it at Circuit City, so after work yesterday, I went out to get it. Came home and I had it up and running in maybe 15 minutes. Go me! And I saved myself over $100 in the process.

Just wanted to share.

Re: Hooray for Wifi!

woohoo

Just make sure you turned on encryption on the network! setting things up with WPA is pretty easy these days and is the way to go.

The rest of the security stuff is 'extras' - just make sure you turned on WPA with a good passphrase and you'll pretty good.

Welcome to mobility

Comment

Re: Hooray for Wifi!

WPA and encryption is set up already. It's nice not having to be tied to the room the desktop is in when I want to use the laptop.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X