X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spankyourstank
    Mice Chatter
    • Sep 2011

[Chat] Halloween Haunt 40th Anniversary!

Just curious if anybody has heard any early facts or rumors about this years Haunt. I've heard of a few things so far such as no overlay for Log Ride or Mine Ride. Also, Haunt is rumored to only be Thursday - Sunday this year. Thanks!
  • sir clinksalot
    MiceChatter
    • Feb 2005

Re: Halloween Haunt 40th Anniversary!

Other than the return of Dominion of the Dead and a couple of mazes (VirusZ, Dia De Los Muertos, etc) I haven't heard anything.

Comment

• dth316
      You're late for TEAAA!!!!
      • Oct 2009

Here's a quick run down of what's been already told, rumored and/or speculated:
      - Dominion of the Dead maze (replacing Lockdown: Asylum)
      - Log Ride and Mine Ride won't have monsters but will be decorated.
      - Doll Factory will NOT return, to be replaced by a new maze, yet to be announced.
      - Delirium, Virus Z, Terror of London, Fallout Shelter and Uncle Bobos all to return.
      - Endgames will get a new location outside of Camp Snoopy, therefore a new layout.
      - Dia De Los Muertos, Slaughterhouse and Cornstalkers all rumored to return but with new layouts (I hope these are just rumors and they're ALL replaced since they've all ran their course).
      - Possibly no scare zone or at least no decorations in Camp Snoopy, due to wanting to keep it family friendly during the day.
      - Possible maze in a warehouse by the other warehouses by Ghost Rider.
      - As far as we know, no anniversary maze is planned.

Comment

• JerrodDRagon
        Adventure First, Ad Last
        • Mar 2006

I love Corn Stalkers and if they revamp it...would love to see it stay
        Happy Halloween!!!

Comment

• spankyourstank
          Mice Chatter
          • Sep 2011

Rumor has it that an interactive maze will replace Doll Factory.

Comment

• Tank
            New MiceChatter
            • Jun 2011

I hope not, that would be a nightmare because of our guests intelligence... just think about it lol!
            "Eating the World's Population, one person at a time!"

Comment

• dth316
              • Oct 2009

^ He's right... lmao they also once said that if they did do an interactive maze, it would be an upcharge. Surely, that'll keep half the dummies away.

Comment

• guestgue
                New MiceChatter
                • May 2012

Originally posted by spankyourstank View Post
                Rumor has it that an interactive maze will replace Doll Factory.
                That's good stuff

Comment

• spankyourstank
                  Mice Chatter
                  • Sep 2011

Haunt opens Friday September 21st.
                  12 mazes
                  6 shows
                  4 scare zones

Comment

• Abercrombie140
                    MiceChatter
                    • Nov 2010

Sorry but Knott's needs to stop the repeating mazes. Went last year and it was pretty bad compared to the competition. It's fine if you keep a maze for 3 years MAX but after that get rid of it. They need to focus on quality in mazes and actors rather than quantity.
                    New mazes and new ideas, or Knott's is going to keep on loosing it. They can be just as good as Universal but the team doesn't even try it seems. Its unfortunate.

If rumors are true and only three mazes are going to be completely new all I have to say is thats pretty sad considering it is your big 40.
                    Last edited by Abercrombie140; 05-15-2012, 07:41 PM.

Comment

• dth316
                      • Oct 2009

Originally posted by Abercrombie140 View Post
                      Sorry but Knott's needs to stop the repeating mazes. Went last year and it was pretty bad compared to the competition. It's fine if you keep a maze for 3 years MAX but after that get rid of it. They need to focus on quality in mazes and actors rather than quantity.
                      New mazes and new ideas, or Knott's is going to keep on loosing it. They can be just as good as Universal but the team doesn't even try it seems. Its unfortunate.

If rumors are true and only three mazes are going to be completely new all I have to say is thats pretty sad considering it is your big 40.
                      100% agree! It seems like they do absolutely everything last minute. I remember last year that Endgame maze was still being built practically on the day of opening.

Comment

• Abercrombie140
                        MiceChatter
                        • Nov 2010

Originally posted by dth316 View Post
                        100% agree! It seems like they do absolutely everything last minute. I remember last year that Endgame maze was still being built practically on the day of opening.
                        Yeah and as a person that has been involved in the haunt industry for 12 years I find that unacceptable.
                        The event is not what it used to be and if people think that its this amazing event they are clearly not seeing the big picture.
                        They need to bring the maze count down to 8/9 instead of ridiculous numbers like 12 and 13. The extra money that is left from axing those mazes should be thrown into the 8/9 mazes and should be used for the right things. Making the maze more immersive and believable.
                        They need to invest in costuming and makeup as well. Reusing clown costumes for the doll factory is embarrassing or reusing masks from the asylum to be used in Corn Stalkers is also a joke.
                        Bottom line is they need to INVEST into the product. Cut it down to reasonable numbers of shows and mazes and if the quality is there the public will show. Its that simple.
                        But I doubt it will ever happen with the current management running haunt. Ill still visit haunt when I have time this season but Im just hopping they offer more than just the same old thing.
                        Even if some mazes have "changed layouts" its still the same old tired theme.

Comment

• dth316
                          • Oct 2009

Originally posted by dth316 View Post
                          Here's a quick run down of what's been already told, rumored and/or speculated:
                          - Dominion of the Dead maze (replacing Lockdown: Asylum)
                          - Log Ride and Mine Ride won't have monsters but will be decorated.
                          - Doll Factory will NOT return, to be replaced by a new maze, yet to be announced.
                          - Delirium, Virus Z, Terror of London, Fallout Shelter and Uncle Bobos all to return.
                          - Endgames will get a new location outside of Camp Snoopy, therefore a new layout.
                          - Dia De Los Muertos, Slaughterhouse and Cornstalkers all rumored to return but with new layouts (I hope these are just rumors and they're ALL replaced since they've all ran their course).
                          - Possibly no scare zone or at least no decorations in Camp Snoopy, due to wanting to keep it family friendly during the day.
                          - Possible maze in a warehouse by the other warehouses by Ghost Rider.
                          - As far as we know, no anniversary maze is planned.
                          Thought I'd add some new things on here that I've heard, read, been speculated, etc.:
                          - No sliding on the newly paved Ghost Town Streets.
                          - (old news but I didn't share it before) Wednesdays and some Sundays, there will be no Haunt [you can check Knotts' current schedule now and see when they close during the Haunt days for verification]
                          - Apparently many of the complaints have been heard by Raffi about monsters talking to each other and getting out of their zones in the streets and mazes. No word if any action will be taken.
                          - Beer Gardens won't return, much like they were stopped last year and if they are around, no advertisement of them.
                          - Knotts has confirmed the official opening day is September 21st (no surprise there).

Comment

• spankyourstank
                            Mice Chatter
                            • Sep 2011

Yes, last I heard was that they are attempting to go through the process of getting a full park license to serve alcohol. They cut it off last year when they found out their license expired.

Comment

• dth316
                              • Oct 2009

One maze announced so far: Endgames.
                              Horrrrribbblllle.
                              I'll keep ya updated.

Comment

• spankyourstank
                                Mice Chatter
                                • Sep 2011

Originally posted by dth316:1056776747
                                One maze announced so far: Endgames.
                                Horrrrribbblllle.
                                I'll keep ya updated.
                                Yes, and it will be in one of the new warehouses backstage and expanded. Hhmmmmm.

Comment

• dth316
                                  • Oct 2009

So a new layout and location entirely? Might not be too bad than. I knew it was going elsewhere but I didn't know it was the new warehouse.

So that makes it, so far...
                                  Warehouse A - Dominion of the Dead *NEW... sorta*
                                  Warehouse B - Delirium (pretty much guaranteed to return)
                                  Warehouse C - Endgames *NEW layout & location*
                                  Wilderness Dance Hall - Unannounced New Maze

Comment

• MrsMonroe
                                    I am not a Krusty Krab
                                    • Jun 2012

just bring back terror of london and i'll be happy
                                    sigpic

This is my signature, there are many like it but this one is mine, without me my signature is useless, without my signature i am useless!

"You'll need a Boesky, a Jim Brown, a Miss Daisy, two Jethro's, a Leon Spinx, not to mention the biggest Ella Fitzgerald ever."

Comment

• spankyourstank
                                      Mice Chatter
                                      • Sep 2011

Yes, they do not want any haunt stuff seen during the day, especially in Camp Snoopy so it's getting a new location.

Comment

• spankyourstank
                                        Mice Chatter
                                        • Sep 2011

Returning maze - Delirium for 2012.

Comment

Get Away Today Footer

Collapse
                                        Working...
                                        X