This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Knott's announces holiday offerings for Knott's Merry Farm 2013

Knott's press release for their holiday offerings. According to their website, this will start on Thanksgiving Day, Nov. 28th. (No end date posted on the website)
    ! The perfect place to make holiday memories and traditions invites guests to celebrate with new attractions, live entertainment, a crafts fair, festive food, lavish holiday decorations, and more.

New for 2013, the Wilderness Dance Hall in Ghost Town will be home to (Some experiences require additional fees)

Also new for 2013, the Ghost Town and Calico Railroad celebrate Christmas on Engine 41knuckle Christmas?Hang on tight on A Christmas CarolA Gift of the MagiDickensian vocal quartet, Calico Carolers and interactive country Christmas blue grass quartet, the Ghost Town Miners.

When the sun sets on the Farm, Calico Stage lights up with the celebration of the season in now on-sale! 2014 Season Passesknotts.comknotts.com or call (714) 220-5200Facebook or Twitter page.

Re: Knott's announces holiday offerings for Knott's Merry Farm 2013

The omission is bigger than the news, IMHO. For the first time in decades, Knott's Berry Farm will not have Toys for Tots discounted admission days (although toys will supposedly still be collected)

Comment

NO XMAS PARADE??? NO XMAS LOG RIDE??? NO TOYS FOR TOTS???
      Btw they needa change the now boring snoopy ice show. knott's summer ice show changes every year.

Comment

Originally posted by DannyLand View Post
        NO XMAS PARADE??? NO XMAS LOG RIDE??? NO TOYS FOR TOTS???
        Btw they needa change the now boring snoopy ice show. knott's summer ice show changes every year.
        They announced there would be no more Log Ride overlays after the revamp...and good for them.
        :blink: Bullets for Breakfast :blink:
        Join the party. Face the music.

Comment

Originally posted by manifest View Post
          They announced there would be no more Log Ride overlays after the revamp...and good for them.
          The new log ride looks great as well. It has only been open for a few months, no need to change a pretty much untouched set until a few years. Glad my group wanted to hop on it during the haunt, as I'm rarely able to hit Knotts.

Comment

Seriously, no Christmas parade this year??? Please tell me this was an oversight when announcing all the holiday entertainment this year. I'll be really disappointed if this news is true.
            :unsure:
            Love Is An Open Door
            :love:

http://facebook.com/PatrickDisneyGuy

Comment

last year the parade was new. it had new float design, new characters, and new music. all that only for 1 year? really?

Comment

I was surprised they'd ditch the parade after it's first year of changes too, but it seems to be the truth. Maybe it's a budgetary thing and guest ratings were low.

No Toys for Tots does surprise me, but it'll avoid those ridiculously insane days in December.
                Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

how sad for knotts this year. looks like i wont buy a pass there.

Comment

will one day disney ever buy knotts berry farm in the future?

Comment

Originally posted by Rex Dopey24 View Post
                      will one day disney ever buy knotts berry farm in the future?
                      Doubtful. The best window would have been when the park was teetering on the brink of insolvency after a series of El Nino years ate the lion's share of attendance. With Cedar Fair backing them - and with Knott's apparently performing well enough for them to greenlight some serious investment (and NOT IN ROLLERCOASTERS! You have to know Cedar to understand how big that is - it's BIG) it's unlikely they'd sell.

Of course, if they rolled up to CF and said "We built a replica of your log ride. Out of $100 bills. We want Knott's. Trade?" there might be a different answer, but I don't see that happening.
                      Boggard LIEEEEF!

Comment

Originally posted by socalfun View Post
                        The omission is bigger than the news, IMHO. For the first time in decades, Knott's Berry Farm will not have Toys for Tots discounted admission days (although toys will supposedly still be collected)
                        Unfortunately this was inevitable, as in recent years way too much stuff from dollar stores was being brought in. Some talk was bantered about putting a base level value on the items to be donated, but ultimately the decision was made to not to continue the promotion.
                        Last edited by Dutchman; 11-23-2013, 01:19 PM.

Comment

Huh? Knotts required purchase of their own toys years ago to prevent that abuse.
                          Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Yes, I recall that, and I also recall that they caught a great deal of flak for that policy.

Comment

Originally posted by BogLurch View Post
                              Doubtful. The best window would have been when the park was teetering on the brink of insolvency after a series of El Nino years ate the lion's share of attendance. With Cedar Fair backing them - and with Knott's apparently performing well enough for them to greenlight some serious investment (and NOT IN ROLLERCOASTERS! You have to know Cedar to understand how big that is - it's BIG) it's unlikely they'd sell.

Of course, if they rolled up to CF and said "We built a replica of your log ride. Out of $100 bills. We want Knott's. Trade?" there might be a different answer, but I don't see that happening.

thanks for the update

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X