• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News USH 'Creature from the Black Lagoon - The Musical' show

Universal Studios Shows Us The Black Lagoon

VFXWorld

Monday June 2, 2008

Drawn from Universal's crypt of classic monsters and updated with spectacular Broadway production values and special effects, CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON -- THE MUSICAL will rise, live, on stage at Universal Studios Hollywood beginning spring 2009.

With state-of-the-art stagecraft, acrobatic choreography and hilarious, toe-tapping music, the Creature will be brought to life in a story based on the original screenplay, updated to emphasize the element of romance and just a bit of comic relief. Original new music and dazzling production numbers will keep the attraction contemporary and lively.

Audiences will be immersed in the ominous environment of the deepest Amazon, enveloped by the exotic sounds and scents of the jungle. And from the production's first moments, they'll be thrust into an unexpectedly outrageous, strangely romantic, frequently melodic and often hilarious adventure as a monster classic is re-imagined for the 21st century.

CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON -- THE MUSICAL will be staged as an attraction within the Universal Studios Hollywood theme park. Admission will be included in the price of theme park tickets and annual passes.
    http://www.vfxworld.com/?sa=adv&code...=news&id=23451
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

Re: USH 'Creature from the Black Lagoon - The Musical' show

Finally, something worth watching in that auditorium!!!!

Comment

Wow... I just hope they don't butcher the classic film.

Comment

As a big fan of the classic film I also hope they have fun with but still respect it. This sounds like it will be enjoyable though.

Comment

The Creature is my favorite monster! I'll definately have to give this a try.
          I want my cake back!
          sigpic

Comment

Unless I missed it, where will they be placing this in the park?

Comment

I just ready about the show here, http://www.thestudiotour.com/ush/att...creature.shtml

Sounds like a fun show if done right.

Comment

I think a big campy mess of a musical might be fun!
                MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

Originally posted by FantasyWatersDude View Post
                  Unless I missed it, where will they be placing this in the park?
                  I don't know for sure but this sounds like a replacement for Waterworld, the rumors of it's removal have been going around forever.

That or they could try and jam another miss placed show into the castle theatre.

It's USH Theme means nothing, hence the Shrek theatre facing the Flintstones midway game area.
                  Last edited by 3rdshiftCM; 06-04-2008, 02:55 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by 3rdshiftCM View Post
                    I don't know for sure but this sounds like a replacement for Waterworld, the rumors of it's removal have been going around forever.
                    You might be right about that. It is the only theater on the lot with a built in lagoon! And they have been trying to get rid of Waterworld for at least a couple of years now.
                    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Comment

No, it's going in the Castle theatre. Makes sense too, especially as it used to be Castle Dracula and it housed the Beetleguise show for years. Glad we are moving away from Fear Factor.
                      Women, they make the highs higher and the lows more frequent.

Comment

Not sure why the rumors on WaterWorld keep coming up (other than its age). It's one of the highest rated and most highly attended attractions in the park.

As for the Creature from the Black Lagoon - I have memories of Spider-Man Rocks that I can't shake.

Comment

Spider-Man rocks? Ok

Comment

Originally posted by Goofy Daddy View Post
                            Spider-Man rocks? Ok
                            The last time USH put on a "broadway-style" show... best left buried beyond that.

USH does have a history of some people who have gone on to a fair amount of success after their stint in musicals there, though. Wayne Brady was in Beetlejuice's Graveyard Review. And I think a few people in the cast of Wicked (LA and NY) worked at USH in the past.

Comment

I love campy horror musicals (Little Shop of Horrors with Rick Moranis and the Rocky Horror Picture Show are some of my favorite movies) so this sounds like a winner to me.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X