Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Disneyland clone - Nara Dreamland Japan!

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Disneyland clone - Nara Dreamland Japan!

I came across an interesting website of an abandoned themepark 'Nara dreamland Japan' upon looking at the pictures it seems as though they tried to clone Disneyland....in a bad way.

How did disney not know about this?
    maybe they did and thats the reason it closed...

but anyway I smell major lawsuit ...

take a look

Nara Dreamland

thoughts?

Whoa! When I saw the picture of "their" train station, my jaw dropped. Nice way of ripping off ideas.

EDIT: Oh my gosh, this guy's commentary on everything is so funny!
    Last edited by MonstersGoBoo!; 10-03-2008, 01:52 AM.

Comment

Re: Disneyland clone - Nara Dreamland Japan!

http://matterhorn1959.blogspot.com/2...dreamland.html

Disney killed it 25 years ago when they built Tokyo Disneyland. And besides, Nara Dreamland closed for good over two years ago.

Comment

I can't believe it upon looking further they have a 'jungle cruise' aahhahahahaa

and

http://www.asovini.com/screamer/imag...ubmarine02.jpg

;]

Comment

I don't think a lawsuit would've mattered because the park looked like it was doomed to close since it opened.

And, the owner of the park would be sitting on the street.
          Check out my Toy Story Mania 500,000 Run.
          www.twitter.com/BCC4321

Ask me Anything.

Comment

Nara Dreamland

This review from 2004 is the one that most people look at to see around the whole park.

Comment

Omg that is frightening....the matterhorn looks like a 2 year old took some cardboard boxes and paste and built a ****ty replica....ahhhhh
              sigpic

Comment

From what I recall, the owners of Nara Dreamland approached Walt to build a themepark in Japan. He declined, so they built HIS themepark without him. Walt and the Disney Co were most certainly aware of this cheap imitation, but international copyright law is exceptionally difficult. A simple "cease and desist" letter followed by the threat of a lawsuit does little to deter copyright violations internationally.

There's another Disneyland copy in China (Disneyland in China? | Japan Probe) Shingsan Amusement Park in Beijing (amazing we never saw this covered during the Olympics) with its slogan of "Disneyland is too far". This place is owned by the state so there's no way the state would find itself in violation of copyright. However, it is interesting to note from that report that apparently the park is removing some of its blatant violations and making less use of its "big eared cat" characters that look suspiciously like Mickey and Minnie. I have to wonder if this is in response to Disney's talks about opening a Shanghai Disneyland, or if its the result of the existence of Hong Kong Disneyland.

Comment

I wonder if they had 'Year of a million nightmares'.

Comment

Atleast magic mountain didn't take this approach.. LOL

Just to think, someones vision and dreams from wanting what they saw here in the states (disneyland) and to take it over there like that.

Reminds me of the chinese factories knocking off everything over here but it being junk.

Disney was smart to get the tokyo park in gear after seeing this eyesore of an attempt to mimick DL.
                    -Ricky
                    DLand Connoisseur
                    http://www.djrickyjay.com

Comment

Originally posted by AshleyJaded View Post
                      I came across an interesting website of an abandoned themepark 'Nara dreamland Japan' upon looking at the pictures it seems as though they tried to clone Disneyland....in a bad way.

How did disney not know about this?
                      maybe they did and thats the reason it closed...

but anyway I smell major lawsuit ...

take a look

Nara Dreamland

thoughts?
                      That's awesome! I remember seeing this a while back, but it's hilarious to look at again. Thanks for the laughs Ashley.

Comment

that is too funny. I was looking at the google earth view of the park, and it is pretty funny how close it really is!

Comment

I don't think I would have the guts to ride this thing.

Comment

Originally posted by MonstersGoBoo! View Post
                            Whoa! When I saw the picture of "their" train station, my jaw dropped. Nice way of ripping off ideas.
                            So did mine! I was amused when I saw the station, started being amazed that they actually had a castle that looked pretty much like ours, along with a Main St. (albeit a run-down "Skid Row" Main St., as DIP would put it), and I was utterly speechless when I saw that photo of their "Tomorrowland", w/ a monorail, autopia, skyway, and the Matterhorn.... well, kinda.

I think this is a lesson to all theme parks that you can't replicate Disney and be successful, even when you try to do it really close. You can replicate their techniques, strategies, etc., but you can never be exactly like Disney.

Comment

WOW I have never been more creeped out!! These photos are somehow worse than the pictures of the abandoned Japanese theme park photos with trees growing through the rides. The fact that they even tried to create a replica of Disney.... that park was a **** hole, ((shudders)) its just eerie to see.

Facebook me!
                              Join in the Disney fun at MyVMK!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X