Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • [Other] A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

    2009

    Six Flags Magic Mountain: Terminator:Salvation

    Disneyland Park: It's a Small World Renovation

    Disney's California Adventure: Mickey's Fun Wheel, Rethemed Games of the Bordwalk, Paradise Pier New Decor

    Universal Studios Hollywood: Creature from the Black Lagoon, King Kong: The Eighth Wonder of the World

    2010

    Disney's California Adventure: Silly Symphony Swings, Disney's World of Color, Goofy's Sky School

    2011

    Universal Studios Hollywood: Transformers:The Ride

    Disney's California Adventure:The Little Mermaid:Ariel's Adventure, Buena Vista Street

    2012

    Disney's California Adventure: Carsland

    I think we are getting some pretty top-notch attractions
    Let's hope that a lot more stuff is on the way on this already stunning roster.
    "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
    __________________________________________________________

  • #2
    Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

    What I don't understand is how six flags is planning on using the theme of a sci-fi movie series for a wooden roller coaster???

    Comment


    • #3
      Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

      But what's going on at Knott's? Seaworld? Legoland?



      South Coast Plaza???


      Visit my mice chat toy shop!
      http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

      Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
      http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

        Originally posted by Sir Didymus View Post
        What I don't understand is how six flags is planning on using the theme of a sci-fi movie series for a wooden roller coaster???
        C'mon, it's Six Flags. The theming will wholly be comprised of the entry sign saying 'Terminator' and MAYBE also be accompanied by a picture of a terminator skull on the front of the coaster train. If lucky, the area will be populated with burnt out cars like Batman the ride.
        "If we cut the budget are you going to be the one standing at the exit explaining to guests why the ride they just rode is a piece of crap?" - - John Lasseter

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

          Here's a link to an article about the upcoming Terminator woodie at Six Flags.

          SIX FLAGS MAGIC MOUNTAIN TO ADD 16TH COASTER TO ITS WORLD RENOWNED COLLECTION | With Video

          At least that horrid excuse for a wooden coaster Cyclone is gone.
          Let's hope Terminator is a bit better.

          Maybe Aaanold could open the ride.
          Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

          Stop by my website
          http://www.ericedunn.com/

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

            I'm most looking forward to DCA's makeover. I can't wait for that.
            Oo-de-lally, Oo-de-lally
            Golly, what a day

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

              Im hoping Star Tours 2 is somewhere along that timespan as well.
              "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
              __________________________________________________________

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                But what's going on at Knott's? Seaworld? Legoland?



                South Coast Plaza???
                What Knott's needs to do is build an E-Ticket type ride in the vacant Kingdom of the Dinosaurs space.

                Here is some artwork for Terminator: The Coaster

                Last edited by DL_CRAZE; 10-22-2008, 02:54 PM.
                "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                __________________________________________________________

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                  Terminator is such an odd theme for a wooden coaster. When I think Terminator, I think cold hard steel. And death.


                  Visit my mice chat toy shop!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

                  Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
                  http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                    Originally posted by Coheteboy View Post
                    But what's going on at Knott's? Seaworld? Legoland?



                    South Coast Plaza???
                    I know SeaWorld has a pretty large E-ticket planned for 2011. It's going to be built be Premiere Rides and use the same ride system as Revenge of the Mummy and be an Indoor-Outdoor coaster with numerous show scenes. Should be awesome.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                      Originally posted by k_peek_2000 View Post
                      I know SeaWorld has a pretty large E-ticket planned for 2011. It's going to be built be Premiere Rides and use the same ride system as Revenge of the Mummy and be an Indoor-Outdoor coaster with numerous show scenes. Should be awesome.
                      I think they said their putting it off for now.
                      "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                      __________________________________________________________

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                        Does anyone know the theme or whatever for this ride at Sea World, I'm really curious? And I thought USH wasn't gonna build King Kong anymore?
                        I WANT DL 2 BE MY PERMANENT HOME!
                        1 DAY...EVEN IF I BECOME A TEACHER...I WOULD LIKE TO WORK AT DL & HOPEFULLY BE ONE OF THE CHARACTERS TO PERFORM DURING FANTASMIC!

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                          Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
                          2009

                          Six Flags Magic Mountain: Terminator:Salvation

                          Disneyland Park: It's a Small World Renovation

                          Disney's California Adventure: Mickey's Fun Wheel, Rethemed Games of the Bordwalk, Paradise Pier New Decor

                          Universal Studios Hollywood: Creature from the Black Lagoon, King Kong: The Eighth Wonder of the World

                          2010

                          Disney's California Adventure: Silly Symphony Swings, Disney's World of Color, Goofy's Sky School

                          2011

                          Universal Studios Hollywood: Transformers:The Ride

                          Disney's California Adventure:The Little Mermaid:Ariel's Adventure, Buena Vista Street

                          2012

                          Disney's California Adventure: Carsland

                          I think we are getting some pretty top-notch attractions
                          Let's hope that a lot more stuff is on the way on this already stunning roster.
                          What is that about King Kong: The Eighth Wonder of the World? Did they announce bringing back King Kong to the Tram Tour and I missed it??

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                            This is what it says on wikipedia:

                            In August, 2008, Universal announced that instead of replacing the attraction with a new concept, It would instead be rebuilt as a new experience titled King Kong: The 8th Wonder of the World, which will include a Kong animatronic from the Florida ride, and will be an homage to Peter Jackson's 2005 King Kong film.
                            "Walt Disney World may have more than Disneyland, but Disneyland has quality, and quality triumphs over quantity" -DL_CRAZE
                            __________________________________________________________

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Re: A promising next couple of years for California Theme Parks (2009-2012)

                              Originally posted by DL_CRAZE View Post
                              I think they said their putting it off for now.
                              Ohhhhh that's right because of the Busch buyout. Bummer

                              Comment

                              Ad Widget

                              Collapse
                              Working...
                              X