Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News KBF supposedly closed today (Dec. 15)

Maybe the park got hit really bad by the storm.

Re: KBF supposedly closed today (Dec. 15)

Knott's is retarded. They will close the park if it's raining and there is less than 300 people in the park. I've worked there a couple of days when it opened at 10 and wound up closing at 1. It's not fair for those who paid admission either because they don't get rainchecks and the sign about possible closing due to adverse weather conditions isn't untill you get into the park.
    PirateMunkee

Visit My Horror Designs Store!!!

Comment

Knotts has been known to close on rainy days. Nothing new. Almost every ride is outside
      "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
        Knotts has been known to close on rainy days. Nothing new. Almost every ride is outside

Yeah, SOP.

We've gone there just to enjoy Mrs. Knott's. It'll be open... (and probably not too crowded).

Comment

LEGOLAND closed today too. There should be a weather warning on all tickets.

In today's case the park never opened at all, but in cases where the park opens and subsequently closes (usually before 1 or noon) I believe they give tickets to come back another time if you inquire at Guest Services. Not sure about refunds though, although I know it's not the official policy to give refunds for weather.

Comment

Of course Knott's was closed. It was raining.

Comment

It's not just Knott's, it's Cedar Fair. Cedar Point has the same policy of basically closing down every ride at the first sight of rain, no matter how mild.
              Does anyone even bother with signatures anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by JesterMn View Post
                It's not just Knott's, it's Cedar Fair. Cedar Point has the same policy of basically closing down every ride at the first sight of rain, no matter how mild.
                It's not something they just decided to do to annoy people either, it's done for safety reasons.

I used to work in attractions at LEGOLAND and each ride has its own closure policy, as does the park in general. Certain rides MUST close if the tracks get wet, for safety reasons. Others close if the rain is heavier. Others don't close at all, except for lightning. Of course if it's raining a lot in the morning, and the forecast doesn't call for it to let up at all... the economic decision to close the park is sometimes made.

One thing I always tried to make clear to the guests was that it's not something we as ride operators or as a park do to make anyone's day less enjoyable. Theme parks' number one priority has to be safety, otherwise people WILL get hurt. If the park is still open and rides are closed it's not because we want them to be closed. At that point they are still paying the whole staff, so it's not an economic decision like the closing of the entire park. We just can't let people get hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by LLCMC View Post
                  LEGOLAND closed today too. There should be a weather warning on all tickets.
                  It should read, "If you are dumb enough to come to a theme park on a rainy cold day where all the rides are outdoors, then you don't deserve a refund. This includes tourists and out of towners."
                  "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Magic Mountain too, er three.

Comment

Originally posted by perlster View Post
                      MM was already closed today and for the week.

Comment

Originally posted by TacAlert View Post
                        It should read, "If you are dumb enough to come to a theme park on a rainy cold day where all the rides are outdoors, then you don't deserve a refund. This includes tourists and out of towners."

Post of the day!!!

:lmao:

Comment

Puhleese,

I've ridden most every ride at SFMM in the POURING rain. Batman, Colossus, Scream, Viper, Revolution, etc. And yes, SFMM is closed anyway during the week this time of year. Until next week I believe.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot View Post
                            Puhleese,

I've ridden most every ride at SFMM in the POURING rain. Batman, Colossus, Scream, Viper, Revolution, etc. And yes, SFMM is closed anyway during the week this time of year. Until next week I believe.
                            Same here. I just think most people would not. As to the other poster, Knotts is not retarded for closing with only 300 guests. It just does not make sense to open with that many people. The costs of operating the park far outweigh the revenue coming in for a day like that.

Comment

I wasn't aware that Knott's had that kind of policy, as I seldom go there. As for Legoland, how would tourists now most of the attractions are outdoors. So let's not start calling tourist stupid for not being told at the entry gates of these parks about no refunds.
                              Critter Country's a mess ev'r since the Country Bears were kicked out. Ya can't cover pooh with honey and 'spect people ta like it.
                              An Adventurers It's Time to Put the Spotlight Back on Bring Back the REAL Disney Gallery
                              Life for Me! ~ ~ ~ Melvin, Buff, and Max!!! ~~~~ Dump the Dream Suite!
                              Meese-ka Moose-ka Mice-Chatter!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X