This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New for 06' at Cedar Point, Skyhawk

After visiting Cedar Point six times this year i've found myself steadily turning as rabid of a fan of the park as I am for Disneyland. That's bad/good. Anyways, after hearing of the news that White Water Landing is being demolished to make room for the above, "Skyhawk". My heart dropped just a bit because It seems as if the number of rides that are fun for the entire family are decreasing. That and Skyhawk seems too similar to MaXair for my tastes. Any other thoughts on this "hopefully worth the destruction of WWL ride"?
    Last edited by Modern Folly; 11-04-2005, 09:07 PM.

Re: New for 06' at Cedar Point, Skyhawk

Cedar Point needs to bring back the Pirates ride before it adds more thrill rides. Too bad they didn't know how to keep good care of that ride.

I really think we should do a CP MC mini-meet sometime, maybe next summer. Seems like we have enough people that go to that park to make it worth it. And besides, I'm more likely to make it there than to any of the DL meets.
    -Tim

Comment

This is basically the non-upcharge version of Screamin' Swing that's currently at Knott's and Dorney Park.

It seats 40 people per cycle instead of Screamin' Swings 8.

Not good enough to remove a classic flume ride IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
        This is basically the non-upcharge version of Screamin' Swing that's currently at Knott's and Dorney Park.

It seats 40 people per cycle instead of Screamin' Swings 8.

Not good enough to remove a classic flume ride IMO.
        That, and it's, UGH, ANOTHER swinging thrill ride in a row added. I hope this is just part of an S&S expendature that CP is doing, I hope we see a Screamin Squerrel too.......
        ...a vaguely celtic music fills the air...

Comment

WWL wasn't removed for this. The room for this has always been there, with nothing in it but an access road and Mine Ride's old entrance. I think it'll be good. Yes it's a very redundant ride, but the height requirement is only 48" as opposed to the 52" for maXair and the spinning of maXair put a LOT of people off. Plus it adds another big ride to the back of the park.

SO while yes, I think they could have went for a multitude of other rides they could have gone with, I don't think it'll be that bad of an addition.
          "Tonight I wash my hands of you
          You set the bar I could not live up to
          Tonight the light is breaking through
          So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
          Zebrahead

Comment

Originally posted by Hector
            WWL wasn't removed for this.
            Oh God, a new rumor to turn all rabid about?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hector
              and the spinning of maXair put a LOT of people off.
              As it should, those top spins are harsh. Uhg.

Comment

^^ Not from me. :whistling:

^And it's a Giant Frisbee, much less violent then a Top Spin.
                "Tonight I wash my hands of you
                You set the bar I could not live up to
                Tonight the light is breaking through
                So thank you very little and send me postcards from hell"
                Zebrahead

Comment

Here's the thing.....it seems like Cedar Fair is trying to really down play the thrills at Geauga Lake, and pump them up at the Point. Kinda makes sense, really...if you live in the general area that these 2 parks serve, they ar eonly 80-90 minutes apart from eachother. I lived in Cleveland growing up , and we would make a few trips to each over the summer months.....The Lake was always for an easier family day, and the point was for the ride warriors in the family. why make your 2 neighboring properties caopies of eachother. The Lake IS NOT 6 Flags anymore, and I think Cedar Faire is pushing that point
                  To all who doth come upon this happy place, be you welcome!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X