Illustration: A Mountain for Potterland

This topic is closed.
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Other] Illustration: A Mountain for Potterland

Pic 1

The much-discussed Wizarding World of Harry Potter offers a juxtaposition of these two models (Tier I & Tier II). Several of its areas & vistas (& flagship attraction) are contenders for best Tier I themed environment on the planet:
    Pic 2

Pic 3
    Pic 4
    Pic 5

So with this illustration, I imagined a very large mountain strewn with castle ruins and stunted pine trees that envelops the dueling coaster tracks. The ride would pass through caverns, dungeons and other interior show spaces, sometimes emerging into the daylight for high inversions or near collisions. In addition, the pylons supporting the outdoor track of this suspended coaster would be heavily themed to castle ruins, crumbling walls, old tree stumps. The tracks would be painted a in a background blending scheme, so it might appear as the distant coasters are snake-like dragons flying around the mountain & ruins.

Other changes in the illustration include a raised, forested berm around the edge of the park and enough additional rockwork on the Forbidden Journey showbuilding to keep it concealed from any vantage point within the park (on the ground).

Re: Illustration: A Mountain for Potterland

Wow! If only this would actually happen. They took away the best part of the coaster, maybe it's time to gain back some credibility.

Re: Illustration: A Mountain for Potterland

I love this concept! If only...
      Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

Ad Widget

There is currently 1 user online. 0 members and 1 guests.

Most users ever online was 3,719 at 09:15 AM on 07-20-2012.