This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• News Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk announces Undertow - New for 2013

One of the best seaside parks in the country, Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, has announced their new coaster for 2013. Undertow

Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk | UNDERTOW Spinning Roller Coaster

Technical Data

• Track length: 1410 ft.
    • Height: 50 ft.
    • Cars: 4-seater, spinning
    • Number of cars: 7
    • Capacity: 900 pph
    • Base area: 147 x 75 ft.
    We are hoping to add some photos provided by the park later.

Re: Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk announces Undertow - New for 2013

i went on hurricane
    it was an ok ride but this looks GREAT
    Take a look at some of my models I make at kolbykonnection.com

Comment

Is this Sierra Sidewinder? I hope not - barf
      Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

Comment

Originally posted by SpectroMan View Post
        Is this Sierra Sidewinder? I hope not - barf
        No.
        It's actually the same ride as Crush's Coaster in Paris minus the darkride portion.

Comment

Looks like fun. I loved riding the Hurricane when I was younger. A big part of its appeal was its location.

Comment

I love their new Haunted dark ride, but this one I'll have to skip or I'll be puking 360 degrees off the sides of this ride.

Comment

So is this new or really just new cars on the current Hurricane Track? The Hurricane is (yawn) snoozeville when compared to the Big Dipper?

I am lucky that I live 30 min from there but {gasp} haven't been there in a good 5-7 years because the only thing have going is the Big Dipper and the Free Concerts. And after they revamped Cave Train it lost all it's charm.
              Feel free to visit my Etsy Shop; https://www.etsy.com/shop/AlienKaboo...=hdr_shop_menu
              to see my Disney and StarWars skirts for little girls.

Comment

Originally posted by dictionary View Post
                So is this new or really just new cars on the current Hurricane Track? The Hurricane is (yawn) snoozeville when compared to the Big Dipper?
                Completely new. Hurricane was sold to a park in New Mexico. I agree that it wasn't the best coaster, but there was just something about it that captivated my young imagination.

Comment

Originally posted by mratigan View Post
                  i went on hurricane
                  it was an ok ride but this looks GREAT
                  I was working the walk back when it was the Jetstar. Hurricane was an impressive upgrade at the time. I think Hurrican was designed by the same German group mentioned in the PR. From the video I figured the Hurricane was just going to be retrofitted, but I guess it'll be a whole new track layout.

-A

Comment

Can't say I'll miss the Hurricane, didn't even bother with a "last ride" yesterday. I remember when it open they had problems that led to it being toned down a bit as was the case with Mulholland Madness/Goofy's Puke Pile. Got TWO rings in the clown's mouth on a single carrousel ride, though.
                    Remember
                    What the dormouse said
                    Feed your head!

sigpic

You've read it; you can't unread it!

Comment

The website lables this as Northern California's only spinning coaster, yet we have a spinning coaster at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 12:30 PM ----------

^^

I just realized that they have taken out that attraction at Discovery Kingdom. That was short lived!
                      Jeff Wayne

Comment

Originally posted by GhostHostJeff View Post
                        The website lables this as Northern California's only spinning coaster, yet we have a spinning coaster at Six Flags Discovery Kingdom.

---------- Post added 09-26-2012 at 12:30 PM ----------

^^

I just realized that they have taken out that attraction at Discovery Kingdom. That was short lived!
                        lol yeah very short lived. Still haven't managed to ride the new coaster either but I heard it was great/short.

Originally posted by lazyboy97O View Post
                        Completely new. Hurricane was sold to a park in New Mexico. I agree that it wasn't the best coaster, but there was just something about it that captivated my young imagination.
                        I agree. I always loved that sharp dip. We'd skip it sometimes but I thought the ride was still pretty fun when I rode it.

Very excited for this new coaster though.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X