This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Studios Florida Ad campaign

Has anyone else seen the new obvious Disney bashing commercial for USF? If so I would like to hear from everyone to get your opinions
    " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
    Light Magic 1997-1997

Re: Universal Studios Florida Ad campaign

Is this a local commercial for Florida or east coast. There usually isn't that many USF commercials out here as compared to USH commercials.

Maybe you can go into a little detail as to what it shows.
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Comment

Yes this is an east coast commercial..... to sum it up it shows several children stating things like " if I have to hug one more princess I'm going to scream" or " Fairytales were cool when I was little, but now I'm grown up" and " I'm not 8 anymore..... I'm 8 1/2". It is kind of shocking to see it and hear it..... basically saying Disney is for little kids and fantasy is for dorks and why stay a kid when you can be a grownup and go to USF I know I am probrobly going a little too far with my assesment, but to see it shocked me.
      " And we can dream our dreams forever, dream our dreams together, we open our hearts make a wish on a star in the sky..."
      Light Magic 1997-1997

Comment

I have not seen the commercial, nor will I ever - I imagine they won't show it in Europe

But actually, the way you make it sound is kind of funny. I always liked the Disney vs. Universal war in Orlando. And hey, now that Disney is actively trying to keep people away from USO, why shouldn't they do such an add?
        Ad luna in flamma gloria

Comment

the do it on their website too. I guess nbc's ad agency figures that if you dont have any new attractions... you have to give people an enticement to come back to USF. IT's a shame cause I really like the universal parks I just wish nbc would decide whether to keep them and run them right or get rid of them. of course with six flags divesting and paramount up for sale now wouldn't be prudent.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X