Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Six Flags...more parade, more fireworks (Merged Threads)

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Six Flags...more parade, more fireworks (Merged Threads)

http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_3509623
    "And yes, we implore EVERYBODY to follow the park rules. Having off-ride footage is great, but any still photo's or video's taken ON the coasters at SFMM are strictly against the rules. They are there for your (and everybody's) safety." "Six Flags doesn't allow ANY loose articles on their coasters, and they don't allow video taping on their coasters. " BUT, "​ This is not true. Six Flags does not allow ANY On-Ride video or pictures on the rides. The ONLY way is if you get explicit permission from Park Management." ???

Re: Six Flags...more parade, more fireworks

I like his strategy and I hope it works out. Being a former cast member, it breaks my heart to see what Six Flags Magic Mountain has become.
    Out of the NIGHT....
    When the full moon is BRIGHT!!
    Comes a horseman known as ZORRO!!!
    ---------------------------------------

Comment

"If you have a theme park, about every two years, you have to put in a new ride. You have to find land," he said. "Parades are a lot easier to tweak. Just change the light bulbs and the costumes."

Maybe he's been consorting with Paul Pressler.
      Joey AKA "dlfreak"
      www.mouseinfo.com

I'm addicted to Disneyland. Disneyland hobbies are expensive.
      If I become a bum people are going to say "Don't give him money, he's just gonna use it on Disneyland."
      Disneyland. My Anti-drug.

With all this talk of "off the shelf" and "on the back-burner" it seems the only thing that DCA is really missing is the kitchen sink!

Create your own Virtual pet today!

Comment

maybe the Six flags parks will each have a unique parade.. and every season it will go from one park to another.. and they will "tweek" the costumes and "change" the lughtbulbs then?? if not.. whatever.. I have yet been to GA (or i can remember)

Comment

Originally posted by dlfreak
          "Parades are a lot easier to tweak. Just change the light bulbs and the costumes."
          The man who said that just SOOOOO doesn't get it!!!!!!

Comment

For the new parade at SFMM, we have some people from BPB, comming over and choreographing the parade, so the new parade has potential at this point.

Comment

Well, if it's good enough for DCA ... it must be good enough for Six Flags.

Comment

If it's good enough for DCA

Everybody remembers when they built DCA there were (allegedly) those in Imagineering that had the idea that "If it's good enough for Six Flags, it's good enough for DCA".

Well, it looks like we have finally come full circle.

http://www.dailynews.com/santaclarita/ci_3509623

VALENCIA - For Six Flags chief executive officer Mark Shapiro, the future of the theme park giant known for teenage thrill rides lies in parades, fireworks and other attractions to offer well-rounded family experience.
                There are also rumors of a Block Party Bash type parade coming to Six Flags and that some people who designed BPB are helping design it.

I think it's kind of funny really.

Comment

Re: If it's good enough for DCA

"We're ramping up our Main Street USA strategy," Shapiro said Tuesday during a visit to Six Flags California Magic Mountain
                  Could they get anymore obvious about who they are emmulating?

Comment

I love this line - "We're ramping up our Main Street USA strategy," Shapiro said Tuesday during a visit to Six Flags California Magic Mountain, a park now building its 17th roller coaster.

Does Main Street need a sea of coasters behind it?

Comment

Lmao...don't they need a clean park, friendly service, and to actually open thier rides before they worry about trying to emulate Disneyland anymore?

Shares of Six Flags were down 59 cents at $10.27 on the New York Stock Exchange.
                      Ha ha ha I guess these announcements arn't helping the company though. )

Comment

Wow. It only took almost 35 years for Magic Mountain to get around to trying to be like Disneyland.

Nobody tell Six Flags about what goes on in Central Florida. They may have a heart attack if they find out.

Comment

Originally posted by MegaDisney
                          Could they get anymore obvious about who they are emmulating?
                          They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. Disneyland should be sincerely flattered

When I was in the US, we only visited a handful of theme parks/attractions (Disneyland/DCA; Universal CA; Knott's Berry Farm; Star Trek Experience, Las Vegas) and what they all make you realise is just how unique Disneyland is. While it is obvious other parks have emulated Disney, and Disney has definitely borrowed from other parks, Disney has managed to take the ideas and run with them and make them 'magic'.

The only downside to this is that without any significant challenge to Disney's originality and resources, the creative challenge may plateau.
                          I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

and workers from BPB making a parade for them just like BPB? sounds like it will be a disneyland/california adventure for poor people or just a wannbe DL/DCA

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb
                              Lmao...don't they need a clean park, friendly service, and to actually open thier rides before they worry about trying to emulate Disneyland anymore?
                              Yeah, they really do need to work on that, along with the gang problems, and violence.

This is really nothing to worry about, they have a long ways to go before they could ever hope of being like the DLR.

^This is the life!

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X