X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Studios Hollywood announces tour additions

http://comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=13297

Re: Universal Studios Hollywood announces tour additions

Sounds awesome! When does this start? I need to utilize my free AP.

Comment

Cool, they need something new.

Comment

I went both on my 1987 and 2005 trips to California, and it was my highlight at Universal both times. It was a shame that the last time I went, the collapsing bridge was actually collapsing (probably just malfunctioning), so they couldn't take us on it that day.

Glad I got a chance to go on it before the upgrades...
        I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by Loomis
          It was a shame that the last time I went, the collapsing bridge was actually collapsing (probably just malfunctioning), so they couldn't take us on it that day.
          Lol that's funny. I haven't been on the Bridge thing the last few times I went, it's like never running.

Comment

The bridge will be torn down soon, to make way for one of the listed "improvements". It's been closed since last October that I personally know of.

Comment

Whoopi Goldberg's incandescent star power will illuminate the Studio Tour

Say what?
              Tref ...

Comment

Originally posted by EagleWings
                Sounds awesome! When does this start? I need to utilize my free AP.
                WAA... how did you get a free AP?!
                Member of the Disney Class of 2005
                Disneyland CM for 4 years.
                May 6, 2005 - present.

Comment

Originally posted by Tref
                  Whoopi Goldberg's incandescent star power will illuminate the Studio Tour

Say what?
                  Well, she IS the spirit of California. Who better?
                  I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Comment

Originally posted by melmel

Their now in-famous "buy a day, get a year" AP special.

They've been doing it for a few years now, along with our favorite, "renew before your current AP expires and get 18 months for the price of 12".

Works for us!

Comment

2 of my friends and I actually got completely free APs, we didn't even have to buy a day pass! I guess they sent them to people that had been previous passholders, which we were in 1997.

We still can't believe it!

Comment

Originally posted by melmel
                        They sent it to me in the mail My best friend got one too ironically.

And by the way, neither of us had had passes before. I hadn't been to the park for two or three years, my friend hadn't been since she was 10. So it was really really random. I figured it was because I visit DL so much on that AP lol.

Comment

I got a free AP in the mail too.

The "new" studio tour is supposedly happening in Spring 2006, like it says in the article.

So from what I understand, in the greens department, they will put a big miniature of the S.S. Venture in water, water effects (?), fog effects, and backdrop. Maybe have a visual Skull Island miniture. And you hear Kong's roar before entering Fast & Furious, Jurassic Park, and Flash Flood Mexico...

At least this is what I got from the article.

So what are they gonna do with the current "Kongfrontation"?? I just went on the tour today, it's not closed for rethemeing.

"You're not thinking fourth dimensionally!" -Back to the Future

"With this place, I wanted to give them something real, something that wasn't an illusion, something they could see and touch. An aim devoid of merit."
                          -Jurassic Park

Comment

I love the Universal studio tour, I think it is better than any of the other studio tours in Hollywood (WB being #2.)

Plus, since you get to go to a theme park for the same price, it always feels like a better deal.
                            sigpic
                            Check out my podcast: www.drunkondisney.com

Comment

I got a free pass in the mail and my friend who has NEVER even gone to USH got one in the mail too. one of the workers said they send it to random people who live in the cities around USH.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X