This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting Business Interview with SeaWorld Exec

came across this recent article, but I don't really think it is news.

http://www.sptimes.com/2006/12/03/Bu...er_coast.shtml

Anheuser-Busch reported that through the first nine months of 2006 revenue at its parks rose 9 percent and pretax profits were up 15 percent. Has attendance at the Busch Florida parks rebounded this year?

Without getting into numbers, it's been a very good year. By the end of December we expect Sea World and Adventure Island in Tampa will have record attendance. Busch Gardens will have attendance that exceeds 2005.

How do you use events to appeal to a more diverse audience?

We want Busch Gardens to be known as a centerpiece for entertainment in Tampa Bay. We've been layering in a series of live events from concerts in the winter to Howl-O-Scream in the fall to give different groups a reason to make another visit. We started with the big band series for seniors in the winter. But we added a Summer Nights concert series, Emerald Beat shows and the Michelob Music Festival concerts. This year we're adding Viva La Musica, a series of Hispanic pop music headliners four Sundays in March at Busch Gardens. It's been a big hit at Sea World.

How is mass marketing changing?

You must speak to more diverse audiences. Five years ago we naively thought seniors were one big market. It's about psycho-graphics, not age. There are active seniors and passive seniors; seniors into grandparenting, those more interested in enjoying life as a couple or with their children or an extended family.

Much more at the link
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

Re: Interesting Business Interview with SeaWorld Exec

SheiKra's dive coaster clone, Griffon, is scheduled to open at Busch Gardens in Williamsburg, Va., on Memorial Day. It will have floorless cars across so riders will feel even more exposed with their feet dangling in space. It's becoming clear you'll switch the enclosed cars on the ride in Tampa to floorless. Won't that give you a marketing lift by altering the experience of a top attendance draw?

We're considering it, yes. We look at anything that will take the best darn ride in Florida to the next level. We'll say more about it in a few month
    :whistling i know nothing.... :whistling

Comment

Oh please... eveyone knows what Busch is up to at their park! Why not enlight the rest of them people?

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
        :whistling i know nothing.... :whistling
        I thought that was already confirmed...

Comment

Originally posted by tloolgb View Post
          I thought that was already confirmed...
          oh come on... who believe screamscape... woops...

ok, but what about that congo project...

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X