Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does Universal Orlando have any room left for a third theme park?

Collapse

Ad Widget

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does Universal Orlando have any room left for a third theme park?

I was wondering if Universal had any room left for a third theme park.

Re: Does Universal Orlando have any room left for a third theme park?

I am only guessing on this, so make sure you understand that this is just a guess.

I just checked Google Earth and there is an area in the south end of the property that looks like open space. But, a road runs directly through that space. My guess is that they will use the area for more hotels.

So, there may have been room for a third park, but it looks like they will use it for hotels instead.

Hope that helps.

Comment

the only space left has enough room for a water park (if they ever want to move wet and wild) as well as parking and another resort, i estimate..

they used to own the old lockheed property, but prior to NBC owning the universal package Vivendi (who used to own universal) sold the property.

Comment

Originally posted by figment1986 View Post
        the only space left has enough room for a water park (if they ever want to move wet and wild) as well as parking and another resort, i estimate..

they used to own the old lockheed property, but prior to NBC owning the universal package Vivendi (who used to own universal) sold the property.
        That is a shame too. Universal could have rival Disney for Orlando's tourist money. I knew that when Islands Of Adventure and City Walk opened, they had planned to expand the City Walk, add a golf course, a water park, and a third gate. Unfourtanley the launch of "Islands Of Adventure" didn't go so well.
        Goodbye, Me Bizarro is not Monkey Joe. Me Bizarro hates Disney parks so much. Hello

Comment

We had a long discussin on this over at IOACentral about a month back. There is enough room for another theme park about the same size of USF and to still have room for either more hotels or a small waterpark as well. I think they'd be better off putting their own waterpark on resort, some value resorts, and adding at least one new land or greatly expanding existing lands to each of their parks.

Comment

Well could they still buy some of the land around them?

Comment

^Yes, just like Disney could buy more land around Disneyland, in fact exactly like that .

Comment

As for the universal orlando property, they should focus on expanding the parks and adding new attractions before doing another theme park. If not you're going to be left with 2 aging theme parks and a new one. That's no good. They need to add some more stuff to IOA (well you have the Harry Potter stuff, but you need more) and improve Universal Studios (Twister,ET and Earthquake must go).

"Since the dawn of recorded time, communication has revolutionized our lives and changed our world. We now have the ability and the responsability to build new bridges of acceptance and cooperation between us. To create a better world for ourselves and our children as we continue our amazing journey aboard Spaceship Earth." - Jeremy Irons (Spaceship Earth)

Comment

Originally posted by EPCOT1982 View Post
                  As for the universal orlando property, they should focus on expanding the parks and adding new attractions before doing another theme park. If not you're going to be left with 2 aging theme parks and a new one.
                  Because they'd just abandon the two parks they already have... [/sarcasm]

Comment

Originally posted by hotshot1091 View Post
                    Well could they still buy some of the land around them?
                    They SOLD the land they had around them...mostly on the west side of the property. So while they could try to get itback, they would have to pay a pretty penny for it now.

Comment

The land they sold was next to the convention center.

Comment

Originally posted by JtnOrl View Post
                        The land they sold was next to the convention center.
                        And the one to the south of Dr Phillips High School as well as far as I know, which is the lot I was referring to.

Comment

As I understand it, this is the land that Universal owns that could be used for either a waterpark, hotels, or possibly another theme park. I've shaded that area in yellow.

For comparison purposes, here's an image of USF and IOA from the air as well.

So after further review it appears that there is enough land there for another full park (minus a lagoon) and possibly a hotel, but not much more.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X