This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Universal Hollywood - Mummy Ride

Hey I am suppose to be going to Universal Studios Hollywood in August or September, and I am a little skeptical on the Mummy Ride. I want to know does it have an inversions or big, giantic hills?
    :blush:

It's the lamest, sadest indoor coaster I have ever been on. I would take my 4 year old on it, no problems. It's very short, dark, and lame. Bring back ET!
    It's Just me, Jenn.
    "Crowded classrooms and half-day sessions are a tragic waste of our greatest national resource - the minds of our children." ~Walt Disney

Comment

^ Agreed. It's nothing. Rode it yesterday with some friends from NorCal who LOVE coasters. We got off, and they didn't even want to go on it again even though it was only a 5 minute wait.

It's not the WORST coaster ever, but it is the best coaster at USH ... Oh ... wait. It's the ONLY coaster at USH.

Comment

No inversions or big hills whatsoever. Even the most timid roller coaster rider can handle it.

Comment

IT SUCKS!!!...so lame... VERY short!!!... the effects basically look like slide projections..a complete perfect example
          (just like their Juraasic Park ride) of the difference between Disney and Universal..Universal is always cheap and half-a#! in everything they do.... so typical and annoying.

Comment

^ What's wrong with Jurassic Park?

Plus Mummy at Universal Orlando blows away Mummy at USH. What about Men in Black, Spiderman, Cat In the Hat.

No ... Universal only takes short cuts at the hollywood park, with the exception being Jurassic Park.

Comment

Universal Studios Hollywood- is a waste of land that could be used for bad reality tv and sitcoms. Tear it down and leave the themepark in Florida- or remove the elements and take it a place where you could actually build something similar to the Islands of Adventure!

Comment

The only reason the Revenge of the Mummy for USH didn't meet expectations was because their wasn't enough room. For all of the people who went on it, you have to admit, it was one of the smoothest rides on a coaster. I think one of the only thing that beats it is Scream! at MM.

For what it is, it's decent. For the space it was given, it could have been worse.
                ~Ah, the wonderful sight of the fabled Apocalypse. Now appearing in Disney's Toontown!~

Comment

^ Actually, when we rode it on Sunday it was a tad jerky in the back row.

It certainly doesn't take much to beat Scream ... I mean, it's built over a parking lot and is a mirrored clone of another ride back east.

If they didn't have enough room to build the ride the right way, they shouldn't have done it.

I'm pretty sure Spider Man would have fit in that building.

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                    ^ What's wrong with Jurassic Park?

Plus Mummy at Universal Orlando blows away Mummy at USH. What about Men in Black, Spiderman, Cat In the Hat.

No ... Universal only takes short cuts at the hollywood park, with the exception being Jurassic Park.
                    I hate how the dinosaurs stop their motion after you pass by! Does it really put that much more wear and tear on them to have them in constant motion?

I was really disappointed the first time I rode the Mummy. It sounded so cool in the write-ups! And just like Jurassic Park, too many elements didn't work when it first opened!

Comment

Originally posted by sir clinksalot
                      I'm pretty sure Spider Man would have fit in that building.
                      Not even close...

But it certainly would fit where WaterWorld is...
                      See more of my horrible photos (and a few good ones) at my Flickr photostream

Comment

Re: Universal Hollywood - Mummy Ride

Originally posted by CoasterMatt
                        Not even close...

But it certainly would fit where WaterWorld is...
                        WaterWorld was rated as a number one show at some point, so I really don't think they'd want to touch it.

Universal Studios Hollywood's original and still main purpose is to shoot films and tv. That's just how it is, and quite frankly, any demolishing of it is a foolish idea, considering how many companies use that place to film.

The Mummy here doesn't compare to Orlando because there is no room to do it. As for being lame in the thrill factor? It's faster than any of the Disney coasters (that I feel anyway...idk if that is accurate or not). And I think the AAs are totally awesome.

If it had gotten more room, it would have been cooler, but they didn't have it. For the location and situation, I feel it's a cool ride.

Comment

Wow, that's actually pretty sad after all the hype that that ride got. How would you rate it's intensity against DLR rides (because my boy is a major wuss when it comes to coasters and now I might have a chance of getting him on this)? Is it Screamin' or BTMRR or Space?
                          The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

more like rocket rods with a little space in it not much though
                            sigpic

Comment

Thanks. I know exactly what you mean!
                              The King is back and he's ready to kick some tail. Do not mess with a mouse in black.

Comment

Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X